Need a NEW reciever!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kspilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
KANSAS
I have currently a SV 360 Premier and getting sick and tired of chasing software updates for getting rid of the "PLEASE UPDATE SW" message!
Any recommendations for a different reciever where I dont have to keep losing my channels with updates and waiting on updates and the such?
As it is right now..I cant find any update to get rid of this message.
I have to keep turning the reciever off and on to change channels.:mad:
By the way...what are the inputs for RTV(TP and Satellite) I lost mine when I tried an update from SV site.
Thanks!

Retro TV Network is at 11735 H 4440

Are you looking for something in particular in a new receiver?

I have currently a SV 360 Premier and getting sick and tired of chasing software updates for getting rid of the "PLEASE UPDATE SW" message!
Any recommendations for a different reciever where I dont have to keep losing my channels with updates and waiting on updates and the such?
As it is right now..I cant find any update to get rid of this message.
I have to keep turning the reciever off and on to change channels.:mad:
By the way...what are the inputs for RTV(TP and Satellite) I lost mine when I tried an update from SV site.
Thanks!

The reason you are getting that message is that you are using pirate software on your receiver so it keeps looking for the piracy dongle which it can't find. You need to clean your receiver and install older non-pirate firmware in order to resolve this issue. Don't install any of the new firmware updates as Sonicview is only catering to the satellite piracy market and you will have issues such as this.

Personally, I would not even bother and sell this receiver while you can still get money for it in order to get a new one.

pwrsurge
Even after I "bricked" my 360 and resurrected it with the cleaner and factory software I still kept getting that message too.

I said screw it, gutted the unit and threw it. Wasnt worth the hassle :)

Must be something specific to the 360. My 8000HD is doing just fine and moves my sg2100 way better than my viewsat. I would question the software for the 360 before I question the mfr of the box. The software is often written by 3rd party. If my 8000 did this I would have written it off when the lightning struck it.

Sent from my Desire HD using SatelliteGuys

pwrsurge
Even after I "bricked" my 360 and resurrected it with the cleaner and factory software I still kept getting that message too.

I said screw it, gutted the unit and threw it. Wasnt worth the hassle :)

From what I remember, any of the current factory software versions still contain piracy code but it is commented out in the code. However, some people might still have issues even when using the factory software due to "sloppy coding" from Sonicview. This is because there is no such thing as "third party" software with Sonicview as the people releasing the factory and piracy software are the same. If you don't believe me then feel free to take a look inside most Sonicview factory software file versions with a hex editor and you will see the same references to "Echostar", etc... as found in the piracy software. This is why they are currently getting sued by Dish Network. One time, they even made the mistake of releasing a new factory software version for the SV8000 with ALL piracy features enabled.

The only way I have found to fix this issue is to flash with the oldest factory software you can find for your unit after using the cleaner file and then doing a factory reset. This should remove all piracy code from the unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts