Need a thread for DVR 942?

DishSatUser

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Scott,

As you find out more information for the 942 DVR, can you post that information here?

The second TV - SD out may solve my temporary need. I want to be able to purchase a DVR that will provide me my HD needs in the future but provide SD for me in the mean time.

I'm going to be saving up for the premo HDTV later, rather than purchasing one now.

I will take advantage of my "16:9 Enhanced mode" on my existing TV in the mean time and have been looking forward to content other than my DVD collection that can take advantage of this mode.

Thanks!

I bet we don't have to worry about pre-orders until at-least xmas (of 2005?). It took them almost 2 years to get the 921 out and it wasn't nearly ready to be shipped. I'm glad I have my 921, but it has been frustrating at times. Hopefully the 522 platform will be easier to adapt to (3 or 4) tuner HD DVR. Maybe Scott will get more details about what features the 942 will have.

He hinted at the fact that we would all be pleasantly surprised by the price they will offer for this thing. If it has all of those advanced features that Scott was talking about I just might want one even though I currently do not have an HDTV.