Need a True FTA receiver that has DVBS2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larrchev

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
essex county canada
I need help from you pros out there.I have an Invacom Quad LNB with a Sat Radar 33" dish and rotor.I also use Fortec Ultra and a Pansat 2700A receivers to get my favorite True fta stations like Montana pbs,which has now gone DVBS2.My receivers are not PVBS2 capable.Is there one out there I can buy that will be capable of picking up DVBS2?I'm not interested in dss fta.Thanks.

Recommend the Sathawk 800/Solomend 800/Openbox s9 ( all are the same receiver) as in inexpensive and easy to use solution. You can read about the stb in other threads, but it's competent and cheap.
:)

I just replaced my pansat 3500 with a Openbox S9 three days ago and I'm very happy with this box. It's price was low, and it pick's up a lot more stuff than the old pansat did.
And the blindscan seems to work very well.

I think Openbox S9 is a great box for the money and with the latest firmware release [HDS2_CMT_1011161216] has CCcam version 2.2.1 installed which can run as a client only at this time. It will accept Newcamd with which can run as a server.

I think Openbox S9 is a great box for the money and with the latest firmware release [HDS2_CMT_1011161216] has CCcam version 2.2.1 installed which can run as a client only at this time. It will accept Newcamd with which can run as a server.

I've seen several references to CCam, what exactly is it used for?

I guess we know what at least one person in this thread is doing with his openbox :rolleyes:

I guess we know what at least one person in this thread is doing with his openbox :rolleyes:

Incorrect I have a legal subscription to the channels I view (Eutesat W3A 7 east, Eko and sports package) and I use Newcamd to network though my home in Cyprus and Slingbox (note, not network) to my home when in the USA. I'm pretty sure that's legit, see my profile.
I see why you obviously suspect everone with an Openbox S9 or for that matter any linux box since some can now come with Ccam installed from the suppliers but all are capable of that not to be discussed. Sorry I gave the wrong impression.:cool:

Where are you guys getting your Openbox receivers?

edit: Off list replies welcome.

Where are you guys getting your Openbox receivers?

edit: Off list replies welcome.

I was looking at some of 'em on ebay last night. I found one that shipped from California. I think some of the real cheap units were being shipped out of China. I'd rather pay a bit more and get it from the states in a few days as opposed to a few weeks out of China.

what about the CS8100 , is cheap this days since the hackers do not want them and it does DVB-S2 and has PVR capabilities . I think it suits the OP needs since it does not seem to need blind scan or 4:2:2

Bravo Pedro for the answer!.

I was looking at some of 'em on ebay last night. I found one that shipped from California. I think some of the real cheap units were being shipped out of China. I'd rather pay a bit more and get it from the states in a few days as opposed to a few weeks out of China.
Not to mention the fact that if something goes wrong with it, California is a HECK of a lot closer than China.

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts