Need advice-Dish accounts in 2 states

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bear.3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
Little Rock, AR
I need some expert advice. I am a long time Atlanta Dish customer with a Dish 500, 522 DVR and another single TV DVR and subscribe to locals. I am relocating (actual physical move) to Pittsbrgh and will have my wife in house 1 (Atlanta) and I will be living in house 2 (Pittsburgh) for a while. We both need Dish service. My account is currently active in house 1. I am moving into house 2 now.

Not sure what to do. Should I call Dish and tell them the situation and see how much it will be to have 2 accounts? We want to upgrade to HD equipment and service in the new house (house 2). If I call and act like a new customer can I get the current deal offered to new customers and just shut off service in the old house when it is time?

We do not need both DVR's in the old house so I can put one in house #2. I am pretty sure we are not under a contract at house 1. Just tried to call Dish. Didn't want to give them my account info until I decide what to do. The lady had such a strong Indian accent I couldn't understand her. How can I talk to someone at Dish that can help me?

My other option is to get Verizon Fios TV service at house 2. The have HD and such. Don't know anything about it and already have an investment in Dish equipment.

Any advice would be appreciated as I need to make a decision soon.

Last edited:
I was really impressed with the PQ of FIOS TV. The only reason I didn't sign up with them is because they don''t offer the NHL Package. May be worth a little research to see if you could get more bang for your buck with FIOS

I was really impressed with the PQ of FIOS TV. The only reason I didn't sign up with them is because they don''t offer the NHL Package. May be worth a little research to see if you could get more bang for your buck with FIOS

You liked FIOS huh? I don't know anything @DVR's with other services such as FIOS. Do they use TIVO? We currently use a 522 to feed 2 tv's as well as a 500 something series to feed that second tv as well. Is a set-up like this possible with FIOS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts