Need Advice: Installers coming BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW, the cricket package requires the world direct dish with the 95 orbital.

Also, Time Warner wire is VERY common in the satellite buz. they get it, tw installers, free and sell it to dtv customers for 20 bucks. saves the installer 30-40 bucks.

However you will continue to have problems because the TW comscope cable may have problems passing the frequencies required for the 95 band. (this is very true in KAKU)

Give them the second shot, then call Directv and insist upon an HSP installer. The original installers will get charged back 100 bucks for this.
I don't know what most eletricians(they do the prewire in most new homes) are instaling these days..I doubt it is the 3ghz swept RG-6...swept to 2250mhz is fine as long as it's at least 60% AL braid.....

insist upon an HSP installer

LOL i had regularly serviced what these hourly HSP pro's do, nice work they do. :down

In fact the huge local HSP was looking to have me contract with them, as much work as i could handle as many days i wanted, then they told me their rates. :eek:

No thanks chumps.

LOL i had regularly serviced what these hourly HSP pro's do, nice work they do. :down

In fact the huge local HSP was looking to have me contract with them, as much work as i could handle as many days i wanted, then they told me their rates. :eek:

No thanks chumps.
IS the HSP in your area a large company?...
Mastec , a large telecomm company is the HSP over most of the east coast..
I worked for them briefly after they bought out the compant I was working for..I quit because they cut our payartes by 25%..To add insult to injury Mastec took our graded pay system( senior techs got more per job) and trashed it..So a rookie snot nose with no experience got the same as we senior techs..So I told them GFY...First word is Go. The last word is Yourself...Guess the middle word...LOL..BTW I know a couple of guys that work over there..The pay rates have gone DOWN since I left 6 years ago..

Very big, Halsted Comm, with tons of nice shiny DTV vans, very impressive , too bad their installs dont look as nice as the vans. :rolleyes:

Same story here dishcomm, but i think its pretty much everywhere and the sat companys are hanging their customers out to dry to save themselves a couple bucks, well at least up front, but they pay more anyways due to return trips, cancellations and all the bonus's they have to give customers who get screwed by these "installers". :what

Buy your gear LOCAL folks, not through the box stores or DTV themselves, DTV cuts their own dealers throats to save commission, 99% of the time you buy from the local little guy, you get someone who actually gives a crap, not just shove you out the door and get it activated to make the commission and sale. :mad:

Very big, Halsted Comm, with tons of nice shiny DTV vans, very impressive , too bad their installs dont look as nice as the vans. :rolleyes:

Same story here dishcomm, but i think its pretty much everywhere and the sat companys are hanging their customers out to dry to save themselves a couple bucks, well at least up front, but they pay more anyways due to return trips, cancellations and all the bonus's they have to give customers who get screwed by these "installers". :what

Buy your gear LOCAL folks, not through the box stores or DTV themselves, DTV cuts their own dealers throats to save commission, 99% of the time you buy from the local little guy, you get someone who actually gives a crap, not just shove you out the door and get it activated to make the commission and sale. :mad:
Same deal here..Nice shiny vans with DTV splashed all over..Too bad the cleanlines of the vans does not relect the qulity of work...
Let me say this(yes I know that sounds like a politician)..That lower than market rate pay does not necessarily mean poor work..Also there is no excuse to do shoddy work .If one takes the job and accepts the rate of pay that goes with the job then do the job correctly...On the other hand, companies that have salary control as a means to make a profit as a top priority, get the work they pay for..

This type of install is exactly what Direct Tv is headed for on their own doing. They have and continue to drive off any of the top installation companys due to consistantly dropping install prices and demanding more be "included" while supplys including copper wiring are almost double what they were just over a year ago.

I see more junk cars and minivans with a ladder strapped to them and a spool of wire with the DIRECT TV INSTALLATIONS magnet stuck to the door.

So who do you have to blame for the sh*t installations? Direct TV, as they are getting what they pay for. Crap

Sorry Jiv as this doesnt really help you or your fault.

or it could just be the install company replaccing their feet with the "new" stardard for the installation van, if you ever wached/seen a commercial for cd101 or movers connection, you now what van im refering to.

Wow I just wanted to chime in on this one, I am a Directv for over 2 years now. I recently called them to have them relocate my dish from the roof of my house to the side of my house. I was re-doing my roof and I wanted the dish right out of the way. I told the guy what I wanted and that he could tack the wire to the eves. Needless to say the guy was a complete drone! what he did was just put female to female bullet connected in the line that was run to my dish in the middle of the roof and lay the extended piece of cable accross the roof un-secured and not weatherproofed at the connection...total sh*t job! I didnt sign the paper work and wasnt impressed with the job, he just got in his pickup truck and left. Well then they send this other guy real nice guy but he admitted that he didnt know much and was just out of his tech school, we got to talking and he said I knew more than he did. Well I asked him if he could tack the wires up and neaten up that last drones install. The only thing he did was weather proof the connection. Now its not to say I can do this on my own, but I pay for this service and I pay for service calls. The work sucks, the techs are over booked and under trained, dont get me wrong I am sure there are good ones and these guys mean well, but I"m gonna end up fixing this install myself.

Wow I just wanted to chime in on this one, I am a Directv for over 2 years now. I recently called them to have them relocate my dish from the roof of my house to the side of my house. I was re-doing my roof and I wanted the dish right out of the way. I told the guy what I wanted and that he could tack the wire to the eves. Needless to say the guy was a complete drone! what he did was just put female to female bullet connected in the line that was run to my dish in the middle of the roof and lay the extended piece of cable accross the roof un-secured and not weatherproofed at the connection...total sh*t job! I didnt sign the paper work and wasnt impressed with the job, he just got in his pickup truck and left. Well then they send this other guy real nice guy but he admitted that he didnt know much and was just out of his tech school, we got to talking and he said I knew more than he did. Well I asked him if he could tack the wires up and neaten up that last drones install. The only thing he did was weather proof the connection. Now its not to say I can do this on my own, but I pay for this service and I pay for service calls. The work sucks, the techs are over booked and under trained, dont get me wrong I am sure there are good ones and these guys mean well, but I"m gonna end up fixing this install myself.
Kind of nasty to run cables across the roof..Sometimes it IS necessary..This may be done when the dish is located in the center of the roof..In this case, I will run cables in straight lines and at 90 degree angles..If thta's not possible, I'll try to make the cable runs look as good as I can....Now, it is a very big no no to use penetrating devices to attach the cable to the roof..So what I do is make sure the cable is taught and maintain the straight lines..
If you could post photos I could render a more informed opionion..

How about the morons securing the cable to the shingle with screw or nail clips. When I run accross that, I make sure to note it and take nice pretty pix for the client to see what they are getting for their cheapo rates.

How about the morons securing the cable to the shingle with screw or nail clips. When I run accross that, I make sure to note it and take nice pretty pix for the client to see what they are getting for their cheapo rates.
I see that on occasion..It boggles the mind...I am a picture snapper too..I cover my ass on stuff like that..

Cable staple gun beats that. Nice and rusty runs off of them too. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts