Need advice on indoor antenna

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Im looking at adding a second Hopper with OTA module and need a setup in the bedroom. Im not far from most of my stations, and just have a small Antennas Direct UHV/VHF antenna in the living room up on the wall about 12 feet.

All the stations are in the same direction for the most part, the problem is that direction is facing the wall behind the tv. This means that to mount with ease, Id need an antenna that could face the wall its mounted on if you catch my drift.

According to Antennaweb I need medium directional and my range is 21-35 miles. Antenna would be max 8 feet in air or so.

Thanks.

I went into the bedroom and noticed that I completely forgot about a window facing the direction I need. I took an old POS phillips/walmart flat antenna (looks like a flat square box) meant for wall mounting and stuck it in the window. It got all the channels I wanted using the tv tuner with 71% on one, and 80's / 90's on the others. Knowing the Hopper module has a good tuner, I was thinking about getting the Winegard flat one because I know they make good stuff. I could just mount it to the window and problem solved!

Radar-All_zpsb18196b8.png

http://www.winegard.com/get-free-tv/hdtv-antenna/flatwave-amped/

Hanging-FlatWave-Window.jpg

Ill report back. Ill compare it to big and ugly that I have now lol. Ill set the HWS install up for next Friday and order the antenna tonight.

Well, the flatwave has done an excellent job. Mounted it on the bedroom window behind the blinds, just moving it around some allowed for hitting a sweet spot. Laying on the floor it picked up the channels in the 70's and 80's, but on the window it's 80's and 90's with my tv tuner. It even gets Fox 10 which I have not had much luck at holding on to.

Hopefully it works well with the Hopper module.

Am not sure which side your window is pointing to, but assuming its pointing East'ish, I'd save some money and build a bow-tie antenna and design it to be conceiled

Cheers, K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)