Need advice on migration from Voom to Dish

douglasmciver

Original poster
May 9, 2005
I live in an apartment with a clear East view. When I called Dish to order service last weekend they told me that I did not have to have a clear southbound view, so I went ahead and ordered it. The technician arrived today and told me that it would not work because of a blocked southbound view.

IS there anything I can do? I cannot get DirecTV since their satellite is south, and the local cable company does not offer HD service.

Thanks!
-Douglas

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

This is a tough one. The long and short of it is that without a southbound view you cannot receive standard programming. So all promotions are really out for you, which'll leave you only option is to buy an 811. You already have the Voom dish which is compatable. All you'll have to do is swap out your Voom STB with the 811, and activate an account with Dish.

You'll probably have to subscribe to the HDPak in order to get Voom, even though the HDPak is on another satellite... I'd talk to them and see if they'll let you order Voom only. That and you'll have to get another provider (cable probably) to get standard programming. Internationals and Voom are really the only thing on 61.5. That and Sky Angel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)