Need advice on my proposed setup

omarh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have a Vip622 and it was set up over 2 years ago.

Basically it was a standard setup where one DPD2 was connected outside at the dish, where the SAT port was going to the dish, and the UHF port was going to a cable leading up to the upstairs bedroom where I only get SD on channel 73. The in/out was going back into the house to the downstairs room where the vip622 is.

At the vip 622, it had a dpd2 connected in reverse, sat going to the vip622, and in/out going back to the cable, and the uhf was connected to the home distribution port on the 622

So my proposed change is to move the receiver upstairs.
The problem is, its now very far from that uhf cable run they put upstairs, so I want to re-use the house cable wiring.
I actually had them use rg6 for all my inside cable wiring several years ago when the house was under construction.

So here's what I propose to do.

DPD2 with SAT connected to DISH, in/out connected to cable going to downstairs room.

In downstairs room, another DPD2 with in/out connected to cable coming from outside, then SAT connected to internal house cable jack. uhf connected to tv's coax input.

Then at my cable junction box on the side of the house, another DPD2 with SAT connected to internal house cable coming from downstairs, and in/out connected to the upstairs house cable.

Then upstairs, another DPD2 with in/out connected to internal upstairs cable, and SAT going to Vip 622 and UHF connected to home distribution port on 622.

Ok I guess a diagram would help.
I can try to create one tonight after christmas.

Contact DISH to rewire the distribution system DPD2 are diplexers always used in pairs. Ch 73 is a cable frequency not a UHF frequency. Paying a little can be cheaper than being without television then later paying someone to correct your mistakes. A little knowledge is sometimes dangerous.

You only use 2 diplexers in this case. Call dish, gimme a break. If you are simply moving the TV2 output to a different tv upstairs you wil use the same setup you have now, just changing the wiring of the t2 backfeed. Since it seems you need to run the tv2 into your cable junction then just run the tv2 output straight into the indoor coax connection and not into the diplexer. From the junction just make sure the tv you want is hooked up.

Ok I don't think it matters if ch 73 is UHF or VHF or cable or chinese...in all cases, it goes through the UHF/VHF port on the dpd2. Since I'm only saying UHF because that's what the port is labeled, I think what I said is still accurate.

Anyway, I figured out another way that was much simpler and basically mirrored what I already had. I ended up drilling another hole in the wall and just routing a 100 foot rg6 cable around my bedroom and through another wall (another hole) lol....crazy but you can barely see the cable since its behind furniture mostly, and my wife didn't mind too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts