need advice on old c-band system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gcdodge

Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
this is my 1st post here sorry it might be a little winded but here it goes. I have a c-band 7.5 dish with a gi 350i I believe. We quit useing it about 2 years ago when the dish mover broke, I loved the big dish but wife said 2 much money 2 fix so she went and got a dish network system. I hate this thing if any thing falls out of the sky it quits working not to mention the monthly price. The only thing I like about it is I can have mutiple recievers with it. ANyways I got the wife takled into letting me get the big dish fixed and upgradeing to 4dtv but she still wants to have mutiple recievers so we can watch more than 1 channel at a time. I told her that surely someone smart has figured out by now how to do something like that by now. Is it possible to have more than 1 channel being watched at once mabe 2 receivers in a loop or something, and also what should I do to upgrade the system. Thanks in advance this seems like a pretty smart bunch of folks around here.

well you would need a high freq splitter to have the cables ran then a different receiver for each room, the only problem will be that you have to have the receivers watching the same satellite and also i believe the same polarity. only problem with big dish is no multi rooms with one receiver and two or three 4dtvs will cost at least 700 in good condition. also the 4dtvs at times get messed up with the digicipher board. i learned that myself by buying one and the board going out in a few days. i order tv with dish net and watch the free stuff with a fta receiver and the analog receiver used with c band. if you dont mind dishing out some money and everybody watching the same satellite that will be okay. or if you could all watch the same channel one box could work on other tvs by having connections from the box going to another tv. i love the big dish the most by far, but that is one thing you will have to live with if you have c band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)