Need Advice On Switching To Fios

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I Wanted to know what people in my position would do in this situation. I recently got an HDTV, and I only really plan on watching it for movies (blu-ray), and favorite shows in high definition. I currently have cablevision, and they have some channels I love. I like MSNBC, CARACOL COLOMBIA, EURO NEWS, and NEWS 12, but they are such a crappy service. They are slow, and have horrible picture quality. On the other hand if I move to fios i know i am getting the best possible picture and sound, and it will look beautiful, but i will lose some of my most important channels.

What would you guys do in my situation?

Originally Posted by tvwatchingdude
is fios planning to move their asses and put cnnhd, and other hd channles. I MEAN their hd costs extra, and cablevision has it for free. WTF!?!?!!? now that i switched i realize i lost some good channels, especially that its election season. Might just go back to cablevision if i dont see new high def channels soon.

If you want the most HD ever call direc tv now get a Sony PS3 and set up a Neflix account for Blue Ray HD DVD movies. If you want to wait join the rest of us idiots who are stuck with less HD than Comcast and a service provider that doesnt care. You will hate the guide too. No RF remote. No HD PPV. The only cool thing is NFL net for free and their internet service is fast as a mofo.

also if you ever have to call customer service about a problem... 20min is my average wait time if my cell battery doesnt die. Their phone tree is the most ridicurous (yes I said ridicurous) thing I have ever encountered.

Im Not A Cablevision Shill

IM NOT A CABLEVISION SHILL. i told you i hate cablevision. And eventually fios will get msnbc, and those other channels.... So what bad things will I have to say about Fios then. I have nothing bad to say about them. Infact I am writing you this on verizon fios internet which i love. DID YOU HEAR THAT, I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR INTERENET SERVICE. I LOVE IT AND WOULD NOT GO BACK TO optimum online. I just want fios to get the channels cablevision has, and I will switch to them. And maybe if they read these boards they will realize to put on these channels. THATS ALL. and then what. CAblevision sucks in every other department, except they have a few good channels, which if Verizon wanted they could get them yesterday. So I write this in hopes that they add these new channels, and then thats it. NO MORE questions or posts. BUt please fios hurry up already!

IM NOT A CABLEVISION SHILL. i told you i hate cablevision. And eventually fios will get msnbc, and those other channels.... So what bad things will I have to say about Fios then. I have nothing bad to say about them. Infact I am writing you this on verizon fios internet which i love. DID YOU HEAR THAT, I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR INTERENET SERVICE. I LOVE IT AND WOULD NOT GO BACK TO optimum online. I just want fios to get the channels cablevision has, and I will switch to them. And maybe if they read these boards they will realize to put on these channels. THATS ALL. and then what. CAblevision sucks in every other department, except they have a few good channels, which if Verizon wanted they could get them yesterday. So I write this in hopes that they add these new channels, and then thats it. NO MORE questions or posts. BUt please fios hurry up already!

I'm sure you're posting OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART. Except you've consistenly LIED to all of us about actually having FIOS TV service - that's what a shill does. You've been caught. Go back into your hole. No more goodies from the Dolans for you.

Please, for god's sakes just leave!!! P.S. take a couple of your buddies with you!! This is the only person I know who complains about slow pixel response time on a analog set.