Sci-fi Channel Hd

If you nothing constuctive to say, then don't say anything! All you do is critisize! Surprise us one day with something we can all discuss, instead of knocking the people who contribute! If you keep this up I will recomend your name be removed from this forum!

you know maybe if CV gave us something to talk about example turn on more HD channels... people would complain less or make less posts asking for common HDTV channles like SciFI HD! So get it together CableVision!

I really want to switch back to TiVo and dump Directv BUT I need some channels first - LOL

Hopefully this will light a fire under their asses...

Time Warner: 100 HD Channels In 2008

Washington, D.C. (April 3, 2008) -- Time Warner says its local systems in New York and New Jersey will carry 100 High-Definition channels by year's end.

By the end of April, the cable operator says Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island will offer 50 high-def channels, many of which will be free with digital cable packages.

Time Warner customers in Manhattan, New Jersey, the Hudson Valley region and Mt. Vernon will get all the channels later this year, the company said.

"By delivering the most HD choices and Enhanced HD for free to its Digital Cable customers, Time Warner Cable reaffirms our position as the preeminent multimedia provider in New York City," said Howard Szarfarc, TW's executive vice president for the company's New York City region. "The added capacity for HD channels and content didn't require significant upgrade expenditures or labor costs, and reflects the robust and flexible nature of our existing advanced fiber network."

Here are the 50 HD channels that will be available by April 30 in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island:

Free With Digital Service
A&E HD
ABC Family HD
Animal Planet HD
CNN HD
Discovery HD
Disney HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
ESPN NEWS HD
Food Network HD
Fox Business News HD
Fox News HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
HD Theater (Discovery)
HGTV HD
History Channel HD
The Learning Channel HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
M HD
MSG HD
MSG+ HD
National Geographic HD
NY1 HD
Science Channel HD
SportsNet New York HD
TBS HD
TNT HD
Toon Disney HD
Travel Channel HD
Universal HD
Versus/Golf HD
WABC HD
WCBS HD
Weather Channel HD
WNBC HD
WNET - Thirteen HD
WNYW Fox HD
WPIX - CW HD
WWOR - My Network HD
YES HD

Free With Sports Packages HD Premium Tier
MLB HD HD Net
NHL HD HD Net Movies
Mojo HD

Free with Premium Services Pay Per View
HBO HD HD PPV
Cinemax HD
SHOWTIME HD
The Movie Channel HD
Starz HD

Time Warner said it will also soon rollout its new 'Start Over' service in the New York and New Jersey areas. Start Over allows viewers to start a program over during its allotted time slot without the need for a DVR.

Hopefully this will light a fire under their asses...

Why would it? They don't compete with Time Warner.

That being said, I truly believe CV will be adding a boat load of HD channels starting in the summer or else their real competitors, Verizon and at&t, will start to take customers away. The moving of the VOOM channels to SDV starting 4/15 will start the wave of change.

Why would it? They don't compete with Time Warner.

True, but they do like to be the best cable providers, so another provider that serves in the same general area as Cablevision now has more/better channels.....ya never know.

got word from a vp today that cv will be adding approximately 25 channels in bulk within the next coming months.....heres hoping.....and no, i have no idea what they are going to be.

Is what I said true or not??

Sort of....you can never please 100% of the people 100% of the time. For me, the one channel I want is DiscoveryHD, so until that happens, I will "usually" complain about what they add. More HD is great, but I would rather see channels that you can really appreciate in HD. For example CNNHD, it's great we have another channel, but when I think of HD content, I don't think of the news. I'd rather see a show on building bridges or the Roman Empire....something like that in HD than Larry King.

So, I will keep complaining until DiscoveryHD and Joe Smith will complain until we get SciFiHD and Jane Smith will complain until we get SpeedHD. That's the beauty of the forums.

got word from a vp today that cv will be adding approximately 25 channels in bulk within the next coming months.....heres hoping.....and no, i have no idea what they are going to be.

So if the rumor about the getting the entire HBO-HD suite is true, that'd be 18 of the 25 channels if I'm counting correctly. That's 7 unaccounted for. (see this post on cablerant for HBO-HD rumors View topic - Cablevision in Talks to Carry Full HBO and Cinemax HD Suite • cablerant.com - Cable Rant •)

If I had to guess, ESPNews is probably a one of them since CV usually caves to sports fans and ESPN knew it was going to launch the channel when we got ESPN2. ESPNU and ESPNU-HD (not until August) could also be in the works if that's the case, but who knows. This is just a guess.

The Discovery suite could take up another 4 channels.

I'd also like to see Food-HD and HGTV-HD REMOVED since they took a step in the wrong direction by going from HD all the time to stretch-o-vision on 3/31.

Bottom line is I guess we'll have to wait and find out but this is good to hear none-the-less.

Last edited:
I didn't see the VOOM channels in the TW line up. So we have a leg up in that regard. I really enjoyed all on the Planet of the Apes movies in HD this week. Some of the best PQ to date. There is no need for all of the HBO's in HD, that space could be used to serve a broader range of selection. Maybe leave off the west coast HBO HD feeds.

Maybe once the Voom channels are moved to switched video, that will free up bandwidth for more channels to be added. I'm hoping for SciFi HD & Discovery HD as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts