Need advice on two receiver set-ups (1 Viewer)

adayinthedirt

Feb 16, 2010
So. Calif
I currently have 1 vip622 dvr dual receiver for 2 tv set-up. I would like to have a dvr receiver at each of the 2 tvs. Mainly for the ability to take 1 {SD}with me in the rv when on the road, yet still have 1 {HD}functioning at home.

1}I can purchase a 612 receiver but how do i reconfigure my house cableing?
2}Does the 612 receiver work as a stand alone receiver, once on the road?
3}better ideas?

what are my options?

Thanks,
Joshua James

adayinthedirt

Feb 16, 2010
So. Calif
Have you considered a 512? Or 508 or 510?
I hadnt. but the 512 looks to be just what i would need. What are the advantages of a 512 set-up as opposed to a 612 unit?

what do these units run $$$?
and how do i re-wire from my cuurent dual tv 622 to a 2x solo ___ receivers?
once purchased how do i activate units?

Dish VIP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
Reno DMA
I hadnt. but the 512 looks to be just what i would need. What are the advantages of a 512 set-up as opposed to a 612 unit?

what do these units run $$$?
and how do i re-wire from my cuurent dual tv 622 to a 2x solo ___ receivers?
once purchased how do i activate units?

I'm not going to answer all of those questions because that is all information that you can get yourself. Maybe someone else wants to be your secretary.

Since I brought it up, a 512 is SD.

Try dishstore.net at the top of this page.

adayinthedirt

Feb 16, 2010
So. Calif
I'm not going to answer all of those questions because that is all information that you can get yourself. Maybe someone else wants to be your secretary.

Since I brought it up, a 512 is SD.

Try dishstore.net at the top of this page.

I did look at the dishstore.net before i posted. That is why i first said the 612 unit as thats the closest unit they list for my needs. After you suggested 512, 508, 510 i then went back but did not see them listed... thats why i asked.
As far as the secretary comment, i would love to meet you. I pass thru reno twice a year, what do you say?

Dish VIP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
Reno DMA
I did look at the dishstore.net before i posted. That is why i first said the 612 unit as thats the closest unit they list for my needs. After you suggested 512, 508, 510 i then went back but did not see them listed... thats why i asked.
As far as the secretary comment, i would love to meet you. I pass thru reno twice a year, what do you say?
I say you might be interested in owning a used 508 and if so, you can PM me because I might know of one cheap. ;) Then you'll know where I live and you can kick my ass.

Tech Portal : 501/508

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I started with a 622 and after more than a year I did a DIU on a 501 to get a 722 for a charge IIRC. Then I was able to replace a purchased 921 (TiVo settlement) with a second 722 for a charge over a 622. All leased. Now I'll have to probably downgrade in 6 months.
-Ken

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I may have been wrong about the DP21 switches to bypass a bad DPP44 switch port. You may have to use single lines, not DPP, so you would need 2 switches on each receiver or 4 switches and 4 lines for 2 duo receivers.
-Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts