Need advice on using my 76cm Winegard as a Dish1000

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hi, unfortunately (because of tight quarters) I can only use my one Winegard 76cm. I formerly used it for FTA, but have since subscribed to DN and I am trying to retrofit it as a Dish1000 to use with my Dish942 HD-PVR. I've also got a lot of dish related junk lying around, so I might as well make use of them. :)

Here's what I've done so far:
1. I've removed the plastic covers off a DPP Twin LNB as well as a DP LNB (dual feed).
2. I plan to use my 2 LNB bracket (again from FTA days) to mount the DP LNB for 129.

Here's what I plan to do:
1. I plan to put the 119 part of my DPP Twin LNB in the center feed position.
2. I plan to skew the 110 part of my DPP Twin at the 4 o'clock position to the 119.
3. Hopefully I will be able to tune both 110 and 119 after doing this.
4. If step 3. is successful, then I plan to mount my DP LNB beside the 119 with my lnb bracket, hoping that I'll be able to bring in 129.

Hopefully, I'll be able to bring everything in with 1 cable coming into the house and using my DPP Separator for the 2 satellite dish inputs on my Dish942.

What do you guys think? Has anyone actually attempted this with a Winegard 76cm dish?

Your comments and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2 out of 3

Hi, unfortunately (because of tight quarters) I can only use my one Winegard 76cm. I formerly used it for FTA, but have since subscribed to DN and I am trying to retrofit it as a Dish1000 to use with my Dish942 HD-PVR. I've also got a lot of dish related junk lying around, so I might as well make use of them. :)

Here's what I've done so far:
1. I've removed the plastic covers off a DPP Twin LNB as well as a DP LNB (dual feed).
2. I plan to use my 2 LNB bracket (again from FTA days) to mount the DP LNB for 129.

Here's what I plan to do:
1. I plan to put the 119 part of my DPP Twin LNB in the center feed position.
2. I plan to skew the 110 part of my DPP Twin at the 4 o'clock position to the 119.
3. Hopefully I will be able to tune both 110 and 119 after doing this.
4. If step 3. is successful, then I plan to mount my DP LNB beside the 119 with my lnb bracket, hoping that I'll be able to bring in 129.

Hopefully, I'll be able to bring everything in with 1 cable coming into the house and using my DPP Separator for the 2 satellite dish inputs on my Dish942.

What do you guys think? Has anyone actually attempted this with a Winegard 76cm dish?

Your comments and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I have read another thread very much like this and it says that what you are trying to do is only possible if you have 3 individual LNB's to pin point the bird separately. One for each sat due to the fact that the 76 is larger and the distance from the dish is larger then the units have to be spread farther apart to pick up the 3 sats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)