Need advice with audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
My home entertainment system consists of a HR21-200, PS3, AV/Receiver, and soon a Roku HD.

My A/V Receiver only has 2 optical audio and 1 Digital Coax inputs. I have my PS3 and HR21 connected to the optical audio now.

The Roku HD doesn't have digital coax audio and only has optical audio out or Red/White (RCA).

Couple questions:

1) If I choose to hook the Roku HD up using optical audio cable and move the HR21 to digital coax audio will the sound suffer on the HR21 going from optical to coax?

2) Do I even need digital audio from my Roxu HD for watching Netflix or is Red/White (RCA) fine for this?

I use the HR21 the most so want to keep that working the best.

Thanks in advance everyone.

My home entertainment system consists of a HR21-200, PS3, AV/Receiver, and soon a Roku HD.

My A/V Receiver only has 2 optical audio and 1 Digital Coax inputs. I have my PS3 and HR21 connected to the optical audio now.

The Roku HD doesn't have digital coax audio and only has optical audio out or Red/White (RCA).

Couple questions:

1) If I choose to hook the Roku HD up using optical audio cable and move the HR21 to digital coax audio will the sound suffer on the HR21 going from optical to coax?

2) Do I even need digital audio from my Roxu HD for watching Netflix or is Red/White (RCA) fine for this?

I use the HR21 the most so want to keep that working the best.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I would go with option 1.

I doubt you'll notice any difference.

I would go with option 1.

I doubt you'll notice any difference.

Thanks Jimbo.

Are you saying you doubt that I would notice any difference from optical to coax audio on the HR21?

or

Are you saying that you doubt that I would notice any difference using Red/White (RCA) on the Roku HD box vs optical audio?

Thanks Jimbo.

Are you saying you doubt that I would notice any difference from optical to coax audio on the HR21?

or

Are you saying that you doubt that I would notice any difference using Red/White (RCA) on the Roku HD box vs optical audio?

From Optical to Coax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts