Need Advice

thesmith7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I need some advice. I have a 508 that is going bad. What would be a good replacement for a 508?
I would like to get an HD PVR as this may work out to be a good excuse to upgrade to an HD TV as well.
Also on that note what is the best value in HD programming?
If I did not get an HD TV right away from what I understand the HD enabling fee is no more, is that true?
I currently have the top 250 however I can go down to top 200 as I was only getting the top 250 to get the VS network for Hockey.
I do prefer to buy the receiver outright as I do not like being held to a contract.

Any suggestions welcome.

thanks!

The ViP 211k with an external HDD plus a one-time fee to enable as a DVR is the cheapest but probably not the best DVR experience. The best bang for the buck if you go HD is a Turbo package. Just understand that the Turbo packages do not have every HD channel available due to providers resticting what E* can offer in the all-HD package. You'll have to look over the channlel offerings and decide for yourself which package best meets your needs. E* did announce they were abandoning the HD enabling fee. I've been watching HD for years now. There is no way I could go back to the plainly inferior SD and have an enjoyable experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)