Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a strange one...

My 722k has been rock solid, except for the past few days...

I am watching television and and the lost satellite signal message pops up. (Error 002)

Now I know there is no issue with the signal, as I have a 922 in the same room on the same DP44 switch. On both receivers the signal is in the high 70s and are tuned to the same channel.

When the lost signal message pops up I can get video back by pressing the MENU key on the remote.

Is this happening to anyone else or is my 722k going on the fritz?

I have seen something simliar to this a couple of times . I get a pop up with a satellite count down screen 0 of 5. I can hit menu or guide and the picture will come back. A simple reboot clears it. It often will happen if I lose the ota signal on one of my tuners that I am tuned to , even if I am watching something else recorded.

Last edited:
Try swapping the out ports on the 722 and 922 on the DPP44 switch and see if it still happens. If it does then most likely its on its way out.

My money is on the OTA tuner problem people are reporting about that causes this. But I would try swapping the feeds between the two boxes.

I had a similar problem with my 722 and it turned out to be the OTA. I found that by making sure I was last tuned to a "good" OTA channel at all times solved the problem. If I would check in on an OTA that was dropping in and out, I would then tune to another strong OTA before going on to a sat channel. Before I figured this out (by searching here) it was driving me nuts.

I had a similar problem with my 722 and it turned out to be the OTA. I found that by making sure I was last tuned to a "good" OTA channel at all times solved the problem. If I would check in on an OTA that was dropping in and out, I would then tune to another strong OTA before going on to a sat channel. Before I figured this out (by searching here) it was driving me nuts.

I noticed this worked also even on my older 722 I had. After hurricane Ike passed last September, the local digital stations were cutting in and out like crazy causing my sat to lose signal message . I ended up deleting all of my ota channels and the messages stopped . Once the local nets had an online message on their websites saying that they were back on the air , I rescanned and added them back.

I've been having this problem off and on with my 622 since the last software update. Last night it was occurring on the MGM channel. I could watch for about 5 minutes and then the "acquiring satellite signal" would pop up.:( You then change the channel and go right back and everything is normal for about 5 more minutes and then it starts all over again. Many have reported the same problem in L618 software thread. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/168377-l618-software-bug-thread.html
I have checked the SS on 61.5 (and also 110) every time this happens and I have solid green numbers (usually 40 or higher) on the TP I am tuned to.

Mine does this every now and then, requires a channel change to fix. This and the "cant delete from the EHD while another is recording" issue need to be corrected.

It was agrivating to say the least, sometimes it wouldnt do it for 30 minutes or so and sometimes it would do it every few seconds.

When it was happening I was not watching OTA channels, was watching satellite programming of of 110. I do not know what tuner two was tuned to (I have the 722k in single tuner mode)

I unplugged the unit and let it sit for about 5 minutes and plugged it back in and it did the same thing. Tonight I will reverse the cables between the 722k and the 922 and see if that makes a difference.

I will also consider popping out the MT2 OTA module from the 722k since I am not using it anyways.

I've been having this problem off and on with my 622 since the last software update. Last night it was occurring on the MGM channel. I could watch for about 5 minutes and then the "acquiring satellite signal" would pop up.:( You then change the channel and go right back and everything is normal for about 5 more minutes and then it starts all over again. Many have reported the same problem in L618 software thread. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/168377-l618-software-bug-thread.html
I have checked the SS on 61.5 (and also 110) every time this happens and I have solid green numbers (usually 40 or higher) on the TP I am tuned to.

Same here... I've had it for a few weeks now. It's even occurred while watching a previously recorded show from the DVR--strange.

I have had this issue with my new 722 and it was directly related to OTA reception. I noticed it only happened during a certain time each night and would even affect DVR playback. Pressing the menu key and then canceling would make the error go away temporarily.

I had a timer using the OTA to record the wife's novella and the signal kept dropping. As soon as the timer was done the problem would go away. Once I fixed the OTA reception issue I had no more problems. E* was just about to replace the box when I stumbled on the problem. HTH

I have had this issue with my new 722 and it was directly related to OTA reception. I noticed it only happened during a certain time each night and would even affect DVR playback. Pressing the menu key and then canceling would make the error go away temporarily.

I had a timer using the OTA to record the wife's novella and the signal kept dropping. As soon as the timer was done the problem would go away. Once I fixed the OTA reception issue I had no more problems. E* was just about to replace the box when I stumbled on the problem. HTH

I have the exact same problem on my 622 when I record off OTA.

Same here... I've had it for a few weeks now. It's even occurred while watching a previously recorded show from the DVR--strange.

Ditto. That's when I first noticed on my 722 a few months ago. I was watching a recorded program and it started doing it. Channel up/down or guide button push stopped it. It hasn't happed for a while on the 722, and hasn't happened yet on the 722K.(Knock on wood)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts