722K Going Bad?

If you change from OTA to sat channel, the receiver stays tuned to the OTA. At least that is the way it was explained to me. Changing to a known strong OTA channel before going to a sat channel would solve it. Now the 722K has 2 OTA tuners, so I wonder if it is harder to get off OTA channel?

I didn't have and error message on my 622 but all the OTA were black tonight. Then when I went to check them in scan locals menu, all of a sudden the signal level pegged the meter. Went back to the channels and they were back.

You guys are good.

I hit the PIP button and Tuner two was tuned to OTA. I changed it to a satellite channel and the problem went away.

Thanks guys!

I have seen this issue with a 522. It says it has a signal issue then I hit GUIDE button and it comes right back. I think when I hit the MENU button it would also allow it to come back. Funny thing is, it did not affect any recordings, just when you wanted to view it live. It was as if there was a bug causing it to show that screen when it should not be displayed. I had to call Dish Network to get a replacement. A reboot fixed the problem temporarily.

You guys are good.

I hit the PIP button and Tuner two was tuned to OTA. I changed it to a satellite channel and the problem went away.

Thanks guys!
I'll bet a lot of people suddenly started seeing this after the trasnsition last Friday, as a lot of OTA sugnals that used be be rock solid have suddenly dropped or become non-existent for many.

Interesting, we no longer receive OTA channels at all with our 622. I had assumed the tuner went out. The antenna is good as it works fine direct to the tv.

Interesting, we no longer receive OTA channels at all with our 622. I had assumed the tuner went out. The antenna is good as it works fine direct to the tv.

I have had that happen with my 622 on several occasions. Suddenly all the OTA were missing. When I went into the local channel settings, all the channels had been deselected and all I needed to do was reselect them.

I saw this first hand yesterday on my 722. Ever since my CBS station moved from RF 46 to RF 9 at a very low power I've had nothing but issues with RF 9 OTA. Long story short..it's the typical issue where you read people in the city can not get it but yet you drive another 10 miles away from the transmitter with the same antenna and tuner and it works fine.

I was adding a homemade dipole to my CM4228. I had my phone with my slingbox pulled up on it at the local channel screen watching the signal. Too lazy to drag a TV up there! As I was fiddling with the connector attaching my dipole...boom signal acq screen for 129! What? I'm not even near the 129 dish! And it's perfect skies today. I fiddle with it and get it back to my locals screen. As soon as I start messing the antenna...boom 129 signal acq screen. I smiled and thought to myself "This is what these guys are talking about!".

So the problem is there....

Been experiencing the same over the last 2 to 3 weeks. Almost exclusively on 110. It is the start of the rainy season in South Florida and that is what I thought the cause was. Watching everything from DVR, do not atmospheric conditions at time of recording.

Been experiencing the same over the last 2 to 3 weeks. Almost exclusively on 110. It is the start of the rainy season in South Florida and that is what I thought the cause was. Watching everything from DVR, do not atmospheric conditions at time of recording.

Send that rain over here! We haven't had rain in almost 2 weeeks... highs in the upper 90's. Rain isn't on the horizon for more than a week from now and that's only 30%. My grass will be brown and smoking by then...

Send that rain over here! We haven't had rain in almost 2 weeeks... highs in the upper 90's. Rain isn't on the horizon for more than a week from now and that's only 30%. My grass will be brown and smoking by then...

Jealous. We've had rain almost every day of June and have barely broken 70 on a few days. But the good news is I get VHF stations great here!:D

I saw this first hand yesterday on my 722. Ever since my CBS station moved from RF 46 to RF 9 at a very low power I've had nothing but issues with RF 9 OTA. Long story short..it's the typical issue where you read people in the city can not get it but yet you drive another 10 miles away from the transmitter with the same antenna and tuner and it works fine.

I was adding a homemade dipole to my CM4228. I had my phone with my slingbox pulled up on it at the local channel screen watching the signal. Too lazy to drag a TV up there! As I was fiddling with the connector attaching my dipole...boom signal acq screen for 129! What? I'm not even near the 129 dish! And it's perfect skies today. I fiddle with it and get it back to my locals screen. As soon as I start messing the antenna...boom 129 signal acq screen. I smiled and thought to myself "This is what these guys are talking about!".

So the problem is there....

OT but possibly helpful!!
Have you tied the two halves of your 4228 together? That is all I had to do to get the lower numbers to come in. Went from barely viewable to rock solid. Might need to tweak position a few degrees off beam too.

OT but possibly helpful!!
Have you tied the two halves of your 4228 together? That is all I had to do to get the lower numbers to come in. Went from barely viewable to rock solid. Might need to tweak position a few degrees off beam too.

Yep... checked that first. RF 9 is just a pain here. It's the same issue you hear about in several other markets. I can take the same CM4228 and converter box, drive 10 miles farther away from the tower and it works fine. And I'm about 15-20 miles from the tower but in the city.

The homemade dipole was almost a failure when I found that if I lowered the CM4228 below the roof line with only one dipole attached I only lost a few points on my UHF but RF 9 jumped from 60% to 85%. RF 13 (never had an issue) jumped from 85% to 100%.

The same issue is seen and documented with WVUE in New Orleans. They are now transmitting on both RF 8 and RF 29 in digital due to this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)