Need advise signal problems at my vacation home.

mrc54

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Anderson,IN
Last year, I paid for a installation of a dish on my at vacation home. Three days later, I read on this web site that dish would install on your vacation home, just my luck. So here is my problem, when I carried my only receiver to the vacation home, no signal. In my thinking, I should add the 5.99 per month home protection package, and then ask for a service call on my vacation home. Do you think this will work? Also, I don't want to change my locals to there because I want to stay in contact with my home locals and I get vacation locals by antenna. By having a service call, will they make me change my locals? Any advice from people in similar situations would be appreciated.

Last year, I paid for a installation of a dish on my at vacation home. Three days later, I read on this web site that dish would install on your vacation home, just my luck. So here is my problem, when I carried my only receiver to the vacation home, no signal. In my thinking, I should add the 5.99 per month home protection package, and then ask for a service call on my vacation home. Do you think this will work? Also, I don't want to change my locals to there because I want to stay in contact with my home locals and I get vacation locals by antenna. By having a service call, will they make me change my locals? Any advice from people in similar situations would be appreciated.

Did you try a "Check Switch"? That would at least tell you if your receiver is even seeing your dish at all. If it's not, you then know to check the cable going to the dish, and the dish/lnb itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)