Need an antenna recommendation..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BLiTzNicK

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I'm planning on hooking up an antenna this weekend, to catch the NFL games in HD. I'm currently using a single rabbit ear wedged between my rafters in my attic to pick up NBC. It works fine with 0 drop outs (60-67% signal). I would like to pick up CBS, FOX, and ABC, but only recieve a 12-19% signal on those channels. I'd like to do an attic mount if possible.

Suggestions?

Zip is 41143

umm... anything would be better than a single rabbit ear :)

I'm surprised you get NBC. Based on your zip code, you're pretty much SOL as far as getting anything except for that NBC station out of huntington. I'm guessing you're not exactly on flat land out there either... anybody else have any ideas?

Last edited:
I got impatient and picked up a Channel Master 3018 at a local Lowes, mounted it in my attic, and can now receive NBC, FOX, and CBS. I can only get around 22-28% signal on ABC, but I recieve the NY feed for that channel via DirecTV.

I get 88% on NBC, 64-66% on CBS, and 55-62% on FOX. If those signal strengths hold up, I'll be fine. My reciever can deliver a great picture as long as the signal stays above 50%.

Bring on the Football!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)