Need an H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigbw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Tucson AZ
My old faithful Samsung appears to be dying.. I am getting lots of interference on most channels, especially bad on broadcast nets. It's just like rain fade, but weather is great. I want to buy one outright, does anybody know a good source and which one of the h-20's is the good one.. Thanks in advance for any help..

If you lease it, they will give you a replacment free, if you own, and you have the protection plan, they will replace it free, if you own and do not have the replacment plan, get the plan, wait 31+ days, then have them replace it, else goto ValueElectronics.com (hmm, they aren't gold sponsers anymore?) and they can help you.

If you lease it, they will give you a replacment free, if you own, and you have the protection plan, they will replace it free, if you own and do not have the replacment plan, get the plan, wait 31+ days, then have them replace it, else goto ValueElectronics.com (hmm, they aren't gold sponsers anymore?) and they can help you.

Mostly true, and in theory it ought to be completely true. My experience says if you have the protection plan and replace a 'owned' H20, the replacement will be 'leased'.

During Feb 2006 I got (2) H20's -- before leasing became the practice (I owned them both). I have the protection plan. In November, one of my (owned) H20's broke. I called for replacement, got a H20-100 overnight and returned the broken H20-600.

During December I upgraded to HR20. I asked whether I had to return one H20. I was told that it depended on which H20 would remain active on my account, because 1 was owned and the replacement unit was leased. I chose to keep the leased unit active, and kept my 'owned' unit for a rainy day.

I don't understand the rationale behind it, and it sure does not seem like it should be that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts