Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Well I guess the 2nd receiver off E-bay has died. Seems like used E-bay analog
receivers are all junk. Has anyone heard of the US Legacy II? At least there new?

Thanks
allen

Nope, never heard of it. But keep looking, I do see good brand-name analog boxes on there
from time to time.

i have a nextwave navigator NCC500
i suspect it was got off ebay with a offer bid ( i got it from the first guy)
its a basic box, moves a motor, has a very basic on screen menu will control a corotor.
i suspect the US Legacy II also fits into this catagory.

it should provide the basic functions of a analog box , move the dish and control the corotor.

but i know after playing with it ( the nextwave) a bit i really liked the upper end model GI 450i & 650i . You can find these used even a upper end toshiba 2220 for a bit more than shipping and they have a proven menu ( which is easier to use than the nextwave).

do not buy a receiver without a remote ( unless you have one that fits it)

Legacy receivers from US Electronics are typically re-branded Drake receivers. Drake receivers are great receivers. I have a Legacy and it is actually the same as a Drake 1524. When the new/old stock Legacy receivers were for sale a couple years ago, there was a wide range in prices charged so it may pay to look around. Some Legacy models work with LNBFs, some don't but you should be able to find some info by searching the web. Are you moving a Dish or slaving to FTA? If I recall correctly, Mike Kohl sold some of these and he may know the specs. Good luck.....

I have several old, working analog recievers. PM me, I'll send you one. I went to a bsc421 lnb and will buy a vbox when $$$ allows

Would you by chance have a Echostar SRD-4000???? The one with the dish drive built in...Lookin for one..Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys. I actually got it going again. Unplugged it for about 15 minutes.
Now the satellites are all out of position. Seems like it just crashed. It is still not working like it should.

Status
Please reply by conversation.