Need another Rear Projection Forum

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Does anyone know where to get quality support from rear projection TV's? I have a 55" Samsung and all my menus are blurry and the retailers repair attributes this to that fact that only the center should be sharp. I say that is BS, it should be clear from the center to the 4 corners ... am I wrong?

I know alot more about satellite than I do RPTV's any help or pointers would be great!

might want to look around for your model number on the internet... many TVs have the service menu command codes and calibration methods posted on the internet... It could be something you can fix yourself...

Yeah, I figured maybe the techs vision was not as good as mine and thought about this. I can adjust the red & blue from teh user menu and I do have the service code to manipulate the green gun as well. I spent about 30 minutes tuning last night and my menus are much better but this morning when I turned on the TV the red was way out of whack which I found odd so I am going to leave the TV on all day and adjust tonight.

I am looking for a RPTV forum if anyone knows of one out there

You may want to check out over at AVSForums to see if someone can help you with your set, or better yet contact Gregg Loewen over at lionav.com he can come and focus your TV as well as give it a complete ISF calibration. I highly recommend him!

I think I'll check him out Scott thanks for the lead! Ultimate Electornics is just not cutting it here for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)