Need Authorization for OTA

KillaB

Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Does anyone here know someone in the Voom NOC? Maybe a CSR or installer could help me?

I bought a receiver off ebay and put it in the stream to perform a firmware upgrade since it was pretty old. I left it in the stream too long and was sent the kill signal.

I just need a simple Auth/Deauth done so I can get OTA back? I've tried talking to a CSR, but they won't help unless I'm a subscriber. I can't sub since I'm a Canadian and it's hard getting through since the 800 numbers only work in the US.

Just in case it's never been posted before. Here are some pics of the Voom uplink facility. Found this link by chance some while back.
http://www.tvuplink.net/gallery/voom :)

Cheers,
Jason

jason,
no voom will not help you cause more than likely you box was one of the stolen ones just as about 98% of them that you buy off ebay have been. and they will not even let you subscribe cause of these.

I think if voom is going out of business it'd be decent of them to upgrade the firmware so OTA will work permanently w/o auth. That'd be a nice thing to do for the customers, esp. the ones that bought instead of renting. That's assuming of course that they won't bother collecting the receivers.

The problem is that they'd have to either set the STBs to tune all OTA channels (which would be annoying) or setup each STB for each person's individual DMA.

For current subscibers it's a no brainer. I doubt they'd put in the time/money even if they wanted to for the non-subbed boxes.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts