Voom Setup For OTA HDTV...Questions

kikir

Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
I just picked up a Voom Receiver.I am installing a HDTV antenna and running the coaxle cable to the receiver.I read in a Voom Setup, that if your not using a POWERED ANTENNA, then you do not need the Module on the back of the unit.Is that a OTA Module or a Diplelor? Anyway, how do I take that off? It is on pretty tight and no screws to unfasten. If I am wrong, please let me know.I also went to my HDTV ready TV, plugged in Componet Video cables, went to Video on the TV and it says it is 'not supported'.Do I have to use DVI cable to get HDTV signals?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using my old Voom STB for OTA. There is a gray block on the back of the STB, It is a diplexer. To remove the gray block, turn the black knob to the unlock position and then pull.

Once you get the Voom STB already to go and turn it on, let it boot up then try and see what your TV does. If that does not get a picture try using the RF (Ch. 3 or 4) output from the Voom STB to your TV. I'm assuming the you have an analog tuner in the TV.

You can also set the output resolution of the Voom STB. There is a door on the front the Voom STB. Open the door and push the red button once that will change the output resolution to the next step. There are four steps. try one at a time and see if you get a picture on the TV.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)