Need Brain Help (maybe Hopeless)

psaman

Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Corpus Christi, TX
I thought I had a basic enough understanding to hook up my trailer to watch 2 TV's but cannot get it right. I have a Dish 322 receiver that I am hooking up to a Dish 300 antenna. When using a separator to hook up sat1 and sat2 (on the back of 322 Rx), I then use Ch3/4 out to my #1 TV and the Ch21/69 out to Tv2 (through the trailer's in-home cabling) to tv2, in the bedroom. I get independent tuner operation on both TV's, but can only get the even numbered transponders. If I try to watch a channel on either TV using an odd transponder, the screen tells me I have signal loss. I am losing a bunch of channels.
Now if I use a DPP triplexer and a diplexer to set up a tv2 back-feed, I get all the transponders and all channels, (on TV1) but only from tuner #1; I get no signal from tuner #2. If I try to watch tv2 (in the bedroom), I get no signal from tuner #2 and can only watch TV2 if I switch to tuner #1. I have tried to wrap my layman brain around what is happening, but cannot gasp what I am doing wrong. All connections are tight and I have tried the attenuator on the #2 TV out and no help. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

the dish 300 probably has a legacy lnb, (even if a dish pro, it is not dish pro plus) which can NOT be used with a separator. you will need 2 lines from the dish or upgrade to a dpp dish.

the dish 300 probably has a legacy lnb, (even if a dish pro, it is not dish pro plus) which can NOT be used with a separator. you will need 2 lines from the dish or upgrade to a dpp dish.

So if I used my Dish 500 antenna with a DPP lnb, I should be ok? I was using the 300 because it is relatively easy for me to align using kentucky windage and I seem to have troubles getting a good align on the 500.

Might need to check the skew, that could mess things up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes, the 500 with the dpp will work, and give you more channels. really not much harder to align, just need the correct settings.
with a little practice you will be aligning it correctly in minutes...

Good Luck!

Yes, the 500 with the dpp will work, and give you more channels. really not much harder to align, just need the correct settings.
with a little practice you will be aligning it correctly in minutes...

Good Luck!
I have all the settings, I just have struggled with it because of the added skew setting I guess; harder for me to eyeball a point on the horizon (az-wise). Just need to practice with it more. Anyway, thanks for your help

Switch from 722k to hopper set up?

DISH and Reworx Partner to Recycle Electronics, Create Second Chances

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)