need clarification..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsegura

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
"...Initially DIRECTV will carry each of the primary broadcast networks that offer an HD feed in the market and customers who subscribe to a local channel package will receive both the standard and HD signal"

Does this mean anything to me if I don't live in a designated market area? I live in SA,TX by the way. Does this mean I will at least get FoxHD before they offer local HD channels in my area?

What's the deal w/no TNT-HD BTW?
C'mon D*.. throw us a freakin bone here :mad:

I'm not about to put up a big antenna just to watch the spurs in HD come playoff time.. I will have to subscribe to TWC HD package... hopefully till June ;) (pls excuse the rant.. nobody else cares or even understands)

It means if you do not live in those 12 markets dont expect Local HD channels anytime soon. You may be able to get the NY or La broadcasts of NBC,ABC,CBS and Fox in HD if you qualify or can get waivers from your local channels.

minorthr said:
It means if you do not live in those 12 markets dont expect Local HD channels anytime soon. You may be able to get the NY or La broadcasts of NBC,ABC,CBS and Fox in HD if you qualify or can get waivers from your local channels.

Being that San Anton is not in an Owned and Operated area, you will not be able to get the NY HD's.

Also, you don't need a big antenna to pick up HD signals. A pair of Rabbit ears is sufficient if all you want is a quick fix.

jsegura said:
Does this mean anything to me if I don't live in a designated market area? I live in SA,TX by the way. Does this mean I will at least get FoxHD before they offer local HD channels in my area?

I'm not about to put up a big antenna just to watch the spurs in HD come playoff time.. I will have to subscribe to TWC HD package... hopefully till June ;) (pls excuse the rant.. nobody else cares or even understands)

Being that San Anton is not in an Owned and Operated area, you will not be able to get the NY HD's.

Also, you don't need a big antenna to pick up HD signals. A pair of Rabbit ears is sufficient if all you want is a quick fix.

thanks... hopefully they will somehow be able to offer Fox in HD.
I've tried rabbit ears and an official "indoor HDTV antenna" from W@mart but nothing. I think it's because I have aluminum type weather shield just under the roof.. oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.