Need code for VOOM remote control operate other TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kk9

Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I just got a Voom HD. It work great with local HD.
Anyone still have a manual for Voom ? I need a code for Voom remote so it can be program to use with other TV. I tried everywhere but no luck. Voom web site did not have also Motorolla web page
Can anyone scan the page with code and mail it to me at kk9kk2003@yahoo.c
Thanks

kk9,

Here is the link to the VOOM STB FAQ (Motorola DSR-550)

VOOM used to have a VOOM_Viewers_Guide_Remote.pdf file on their website, but that info no longers exists and I don't have access to the file at present. Perhaps one of the old VOOMers can send you the file?

Also, you may be able to locate this file on The Internet Archive

Ilya/Sean, is it possible to create a repository of all the VOOM documents in the VOOM Forum?

Welcome to the forum, kk9!

To program the VOOM remote for your TV (or VCR), do the following:

1. Turn the TV set (or VCR) on.

2. Press TV and OK (VCR and OK in case of VCR) buttons simultaneously. VOOM button will light and stay on.

3. Press and hold down the CH+ button until your TV (VCR) turns off. This may take up to two minutes.

4. Press CH- five times. If the TV set (VCR) does not turn on automatically, turn it on manually.

5. Press CH+ one at a time until the television (VCR) turns off.

6. Press the TV (VCR) button to save the code.

7. Repeat steps 1-6 to find a different code (auto-scan will resume where you left off).

I got it working with your instruction
Thanks Ilya and riffim4069

Glad I was able to help. Enjoy!

Another thing.......

It didn't occur to me until a few weeks back that I could use my universal remote that came with my television set to control both my television and the Motorola Voom Receiver. I always wondered why there was no receiver listed for Motorola or Voom. It occurred to me that someone mentioned in the past on these forums that these receivers work the same way as a StarChoice receiver does. I looked through my manual and to my astonishment, there it was.....StarChoice with only one code available. I tried the code and ever since then I've been using my television remote control for both purposes.

lilyarbie said:
StarChoice with only one code available. I tried the code and ever since then I've been using my television remote control for both purposes.
Other codes that may also work with VOOM receivers would be: General Instrument (GI), Jerrold and Primestar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)