need dirt help

Add me to the list. After reboot, it says refresh in progress 9999, than goes to the TV activity screen showing 0 out 0 tuners in use. It's in constant reboot now

its on right now what do you guys think it is? is it the new software release that we got the other day

Finally got through to customer service, who was clueless about the issue. worthless foriegn call center customer service!

Looks to be back online now...

I did a Chat on MyDish and they said they did have "slight technical difficulties" this morning and were aware of it and working on it. Having used to work in Customer Service I know that we weren't allowed to say exactly what happened either.

Whatever it was, they fixed it. We'll probably never know what they broke and then fixed... ;)
and i thought i did something wrong you know at lease i wanted to let you guys and gals know about it first.

Appears to be back up and working... What the heck DISH, get it together as I know we will NEVER get an explanation of this event much less the one from 2 fridays ago and that is what gets you in trouble with your customers not wanting to recommend you and looking for other options.

Had just sent a lengthy message to DIRT about this same problem, then saw this thread. Finally got mine back to normal after a pull-the-plug, multiple reboots, and a 20 min. or so anxious wait. Everything looks fine now.

I talked to somebody at a call center in the US who told me that engineering was pushing software updates, which caused the problems with the Hopper 3. While talking to her on the phone the problem resolved itself so I asked about when Netflix was going to be available on the 4K Joey, she replied that were still working on software for the 4K Joey.

Yep, me too! Started working first thing this morning, then rebooted. Finally pulled power for 20 minutes or so. Plugged back in, it did 2 or 3 reboots and finally booted up to working again.

I was actually hoping it was some sort of 'forced push' of an update to fix the crap U308 broke. Unfortunately, nada. Still on U308.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: evilsofa
I talked to somebody at a call center in the US who told me that engineering was pushing software updates, which caused the problems with the Hopper 3. <snip>.

Well! A little heads-up from Dish beforehand would sure be nice!

Reactions: evilsofa
I called Dish Tech they had over 40 calls as I was talking to them with the same problem. It took over a 1/2 hour and now it is back up and running. It is so good being a Beta tester and not knowing it.

hey dish give us folks who have the hopper 3 some word before on hand before this happens again you guys know that dish is hiring or already hired about 100 people to work on the software updates for the hopper 3 starting in june.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)