need dirt help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well I have a new problem that occurred after this problem this morning.

I have (had) 118 recordings of Castle as of 1230 last night. After this problem happened the H3 shows 118 episodes, but when I select the folder it only shows 1 episode, the new one from last night. If I hit back, the Castle folder now shows 20 episodes and when I go in it does show 20. I tried a rbr, and pulled plug and waited 30 seconds, both did not fix the problem. Where did the other 98 episodes go and what else can I do to get them back?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 2

What an absolute pain in the a$$. Hopper 3 software is a train wreck. The product should not have been released at this point.

Don't you think that that is an over reaction to something that appears to have happened to everyone and is now fixed. I don't really think you want to go back to a less capable DVR.

Reactions: jimijam28
Don't you think that that is an over reaction to something that appears to have happened to everyone and is now fixed. I don't really think you want to go back to a less capable DVR.
Actually there seems to be a lot of bugs on the Hopper 3 and other issues. This new hopper with so many issues is not going to work with my aging parents. I think I may need to go back to the original hopper if they aren't playing around with it the same way they are this one.

kyfarmgirl67, right now the HWS is very stable. No big issues. However, sometime this month, Dish is going to force the new carbon UI on the HWS. I hope that Dish comes to their senses and does not do that until it is a lot more stable. Supposedly, they are not going to force it to the earlier Hoppers until the end of the year (or maybe never).

I don't know if you can get a HWS, or an earlier version, but if you can, I assure you that you parents will appreciate it.

Reactions: kyfarmgirl67
No, I do not think that that is an over reaction. No one should have to put up with that with a new 'latest and greatest' receiver.

Reactions: TheLip
Folks, there was a 30 minute outage that occurred while the majority of subscribers were at work. Yeah, it's the pits that it happened but the world did not end. Most people won't even know it ever happened.
Mine still is not working right. One of our TVs will only work on 3 channels and the rest are black and won't play anything on the DVR. One television is fine. Not sure about the third. I can't assess the situation until I get home from work. It is a mess ... I have Dish service coming on Friday due to issues with this Hopper but if the TV doesn't get working I may need to move it up.

Mine still is not working right. One of our TVs will only work on 3 channels and the rest are black and won't play anything on the DVR. One television is fine. Not sure about the third. I can't assess the situation until I get home from work. It is a mess ... I have Dish service coming on Friday due to issues with this Hopper but if the TV doesn't get working I may need to move it up.
Latest update is that my Mom can change the channels and has a picture but it has the sports bar on it and without the sports bar you just get a black screen and can't change the channels. I will have to try and figure this out when I get home.

My wife told me at lunch that the H3 went berserk this morning for a while, so she got scared and turned everything off. When I checked at lunch everything seemed to be working fine. So I suppose you can count me in also with what was going on.

Folks, there was a 30 minute outage that occurred while the majority of subscribers were at work. Yeah, it's the pits that it happened but the world did not end. Most people won't even know it ever happened.
I *thought* mine was fixed but the problem is back tonight.

No, I don't think it is an overreaction. As others have said, you simply do not ask your regular customers to be unwilling beta testers.

The new hardware and the abilities of the hardware are fantastic. But, in many ways, the software has LOST features and usability. The largest demographic in the US is the baby boomer generation. The new carbon ui has smaller text and is harder to read. This will piss them off. The younger generations, who may like this UI, are choosing to unplug and not pay for traditional or satellite television to begin with. Obviously, I could go on and on and explain the numerous items that suck on the carbon UI and could make a list a mile long about bugs with the Hopper 3 and carbon UI, but what is the point?

Another point I will make is that I had cable for years and just switched to satellite on Dec. 31st. I had a two Hopper system. I am a good case study for this comparison because I only had the two Hopper system with the WORKING interface for two months before I switched. Thus, I do not fall into the "hate change" category of users who are just not used to the new way of doing things. Objectively, I think the old interface was more intuitive and easier to use.

Why is 4x speed trick play gone?
Why does hide SD duplicates not work on the regional sports channels? This causes me to have 80+ extra channels in the guide.
Why is the show only HD channels feature gone?
Why is a home screen forced onto users?
Why is the TV channel information bar in the guide relegated to the right side of the screen into a narrow column resulting in loss of readability?

I came from cable and loved the Hopper with Sling, but hated the recording conflicts and recordings in two separate places. Theoretically, the Hopper3 should have made my dreams come true, but it hasn't. Not because it is not capable, but because DISH wanted to reinvent the wheel. I understand the need to keep it fresh, but I believe that launching products that are not ready for market is a bad business decision.

Reactions: Tony S
Give it a rest. The things you listed are changes that DISH apparently made intentionally. If you have product change suggestions DISH would probably be happy to receive them politely through the proper channels.

I'm sure if you buy a few million shares of DISH stock they might then care what you think. And maybe they won't care then either. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts