Need Dish advice in South Texas

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
New a little help in Texas, I installed for a family member recently in Harlingen
a Dish 1000.2. The signal level on Sat 129 is low & I have never been able to get it above 30 & it looses the channels from time to time from 129. What Dish is normally installed for Dish HD down there? I also tried using a single second dish for 129 only (I blocked the 129 feed on the 1000.2) got a peak signal of 42 however I still get errors when watching or changing to HD channels off 129.

129 has the same channels as 61.5 I have blocked 129 to get the 61.5 feed also my locals in knoxville,TN are on 61.5 dish should be able to tell you where the locals are on in south texas.

New a little help in Texas, I installed for a family member recently in Harlingen
a Dish 1000.2. The signal level on Sat 129 is low & I have never been able to get it above 30 & it looses the channels from time to time from 129. What Dish is normally installed for Dish HD down there? I also tried using a single second dish for 129 only (I blocked the 129 feed on the 1000.2) got a peak signal of 42 however I still get errors when watching or changing to HD channels off 129.

I don't think there are any HD locals available for your DMA yet so you could swing the 129 dish you have to 61.5 if you have a line of sight and try the national HD from there instead. You may lose your region sports net (RSN). Signals in the 40s aren't all that bad for the old 129 and I'm not sure why you are getting errors unless it is a receiver problem. What are the lowest signal strength you're receiving? The new 129 will likely be operational very soon now as it is currently moving from its test location to 129W. I won't be surprised if its on station and transmitting by this time next week.

The new satellite for 129 wiill be operating in the next two weeks.

That should fix the low signal problems for deep south Texas on 129.

I'd wait and see how much improved 129 is after Ciel-2 is in position and working.

1000.2 is very hard to aim (and I found the suggested skew angles aren't quite right). The 1000.2 is one of those dishes where adjusting the skew down a little on the 129 side can improve things a lot (i spent 3 days fine tuning mine and i used an expensive sat meter). 129 on the 1000.2 is very sensitive to slight movements (110 and 119 not so much).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)