Need Dish to step up soon with HD Locals

TRSmudge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Rhinelander, Wi
Just noticed that Direct is going to launch my Locals in HD very shortly.
DIRECTV: HD Locals

Since I can only get 1 station in HD via OTA because of where I live from towers, and neither Direct or Dish has offered them yet, I have stuck with Dish for a long time in hopes they would launch mine 1st. I really do not want to have to switch, but my Locals in HD is what I have been waiting for, it will be hard to pass up.

I know Dish plans on launching more HD Locals when Ceil is in place and ready, but what are the chances Dish will launch mine anytime soon?

Wausau-Rhinelander DMA

Thanks,
TRSmudge

I would check into the details of what "D" is offering in HD. I was excited to find out when "E" finally expanded into my area with HD but then was a little disappointed that only NBC and ABC were being offered. It's better than nothing....hopefully the rest will come "soon".

same here.....Dish got CBS and NBC.......and then Direct came out with CBS, NBC, and FOX...neither has ABC yet...and still waiting for Dish to get FOX....Something to note though. Because I live i n Jacksonville, NC and the locals are Greenville, My fox comes out of New Bern channel 8....the Greenville channel is 14, which is what Direct carriers and not Dish....So check into what sstations they carry if you have 2 Fox channels!

Thanks....

Good point, I will wait for sure to see what Direct actually has in HD, and wait until it looks like Ceil is used up and Wednesday's go back to nothing again.

I like my DVR right now too....

TRSmudge

same here.....Dish got CBS and NBC.......and then Direct came out with CBS, NBC, and FOX...neither has ABC yet...and still waiting for Dish to get FOX....Something to note though. Because I live i n Jacksonville, NC and the locals are Greenville, My fox comes out of New Bern channel 8....the Greenville channel is 14, which is what Direct carriers and not Dish....So check into what sstations they carry if you have 2 Fox channels!
I read elsewhere that we are due to get ABC and Fox on February 24th. We'll see if that actually happens.

Well it's official.....

Direct launched the Wausau-Rhinelander locals in HD today
All 4 majors and PBS in HD

Many people happy in Wausau, they will be able to get the Super Bowl in HD now....
NBC is up by me, too far away for them

Lets go Chuck......
The clock is now ticking (you have till the snow is gone)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)