Versus SD and HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobbes49

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question:

I have DishDVR Advantage with Classic Silver 200 + Silver HD package.

Right now both my receivers (712 and 211) show Versus SD in the guide at 151 and I can watch the channel, but there is no HD at 151 or 9466.

I was under the impression this channel was only available under the Top 250 or the Turbo Gold packages.

I am happy to have it in SD as I wasn't expecting it all, but wonder why if it's in SD why I don't have it in HD. Is it something with my receiver or is the fact that I am only receiving SD correct based on my programming package?

I only watch VS for hockey so i was going to upgrade to Gold during the playoffs but it's not worth $10/mo to me other 10 months of the year.

They should have kept National Geographic in the free preview instead of switching. At least there is stuff worth watching on that channel.

Versus isn't part of your 200+ (Silver) package? On Direct it is part of their 200+ package (Choice Extra)... That is weird. Why would they not include Versus in the Silver package?

That is what makes it weird. Golf and Versus used to be the same channel. They split and one goes to a higher package.

I have just been watching Versus on 9466 and it is part of the guide. Does this mean it is there to stay?? (I hope) If it was a free preview it wouldn't be on my AT 200 guide would it?

I have just been watching Versus on 9466 and it is part of the guide. Does this mean it is there to stay?? (I hope) If it was a free preview it wouldn't be on my AT 200 guide would it?
Yes it is in free preview. It will go away Feb 27 i believe, check channel 102 for the end date.

Last edited:
Yes it is in free preview. It will go away Feb 27 i believe, check channel 101 for the end date.

I did look at the preview on 101 but it did say that these channels are free from AT200 & AT250 until the 27th so maybe it will stay on AT200. I'm hoping!

There is actually quite a bit of bad blood between Versus and Dish. If you've been around you will have seen the on again off again channel fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts