Need Emergency Help Picking TV :-)

uponthemountain

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Goode VA
The wife has said yes !!!

For a limited time onyl ... while she is still in a good mood ;-) ... and her parents still need our old tv ;-) :) ...

So I need 'emergency help' to figure out which tv is the best fit for us ... off the shelf ... from Best Buy ... Currently (as in in the next few days to maybe a week)

Connectivity Requirements:
I currently have a 942 , a LG DVD recorder (has component out i think) and a laptop (Dell has dvi out on docking station ? but using svhs)

Size requirements:
The 'hole' it needs to fit in is 40" wide, but the wood 'box' that it sets on in the cabinet is 'free floating' so I could place the tv on the leading edge and have it overlap the sides of the entertainment center a little.

Currently using 37" 4:3 tube (RCA) hdtv ... would hope for net vertical picture size to be similar on new set

Other requirements:
She said ok to about 3k $ :)

GLARE!!! ... we have one wall that is almost all glass, and she will not let me close the blinds! also ... *hate* current glare from lamps on current tv ... so
anti-glare' would be a goal.

Bottom line,
I can get a plasma or lcd tv!!! :) yes!!!

but I need help deciding which ... fast! Not only is the opportunity restricted to 'now' but it is also restricted to off the shelf from Best Buy.

Did see that there is a JVC 42inch lcd available ... is that better or worse than plasma?

So ... pppllllleeeaaassse help ! :)

Thanks in advance

Plasma looks better..but LCD/DLP is the better value..Plasma's dont last very long.(5-10 years)With a LCD/DLP the only thing you have to replace is a lightbulb(around 500 bucks)

juan,
thanks !
How would the LCD (not projection ... but flat panel) look compared to a 'not-flat' tube HD TV ?
What about image ghosting on movement (thinking about laptops) ?

now looking hard at the:
LT40X776

Can anyone recommend 'against' it?

If I go with the is TV ... what cable should I use with the 942?

Since no one can comment on the LT40X776, can anyone give me any feedback on JVC LCD TVs in general?
Thanks in advance for any help !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)