Need projector enclosure suggestion

micchris12

Original poster
Mar 6, 2019
NJ
Last weekend we had a family trip, I saw an interesting cabinet in the cave, a projector is inside of the cabinet which works very good. It mounted on the ceiling. I talked with my wife and wanted to buy one for our Home Theater Projector. I have read up some suppliers, PCenclosure, Kinytech, VITBOX, their enclosure looks similar in function, but the price is big different. How to make choice? I need your advice if you have ever heard this kind of enclosure. Thank you very much in advance.

Depends a lot on your theater configuration. I agree with harshness about active cooling, but simply venting into the room won't help on the noise issue much. You need to pipe in cool air and pipe out hot air. You ca use a dropped ceiling. In my case, I have a basement theater that backs into the laundry room. I have never quite gotten around to moving the projector to the laundry room side of the wall and framing an opening.

If you must use a box within the room, you need to look for one that has large intakes and outlets, with real filtering on both sides. I do not have any particular recommendation.

Reactions: Horsepower
I built my own "enclosure." It is open on all 4 sides with the projector sitting in it. 11 foot ceiling so it is in not in the way of anything. Non air conditioned man cave/garage. Have only had overheating issue once. Really hot summer night, but a quiet additional fan would be ideal.

Sharp PGXQ or something like that, don't have the model in front of me right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts