Need even more help with Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

osokona

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
RI
I have been scanning this sat at 97W almost daily trying to get 2S TV. The lynsat data for this satellite is so wrong. For intance, they list the Senegalese channel WALFTV on TP 24 (12122 H); whereas that channel has been on TP 20 (12060 H) for over 6 months now. And it claims that the satellite list has been last updated March 15, 2009.

Please anyone pointing to this sat, can you tell me if you can get 2S TV. Or if you have a moter and a linear LNB, can you point to that sat and let me know.

Lyngsat list it with the following parameters:
2S TV - TP 24 12122 H 20000 3/4 - VIP 895 APID 896

Thanks!

I have been scanning this sat at 97W almost daily trying to get 2S TV. The lynsat data for this satellite is so wrong. For intance, they list the Senegalese channel WALFTV on TP 24 (12122 H); whereas that channel has been on TP 20 (12060 H) for over 6 months now. And it claims that the satellite list has been last updated March 15, 2009.

Please anyone pointing to this sat, can you tell me if you can get 2S TV. Or if you have a moter and a linear LNB, can you point to that sat and let me know.

Lyngsat list it with the following parameters:
2S TV - TP 24 12122 H 20000 3/4 - VIP 895 APID 896

Thanks!

This TP and VPID/APID shows up as ABSCBN TEST 2 on my box and is showing as scrambled.

I get 13 Channels, none of them named "S2"
NoorTV
ABS1
ABS2
METV
Markazi
KAFG
Payham
Persian Bazzar
DAAI
CT Showtime
PERSIANTV
PITT 14
Melli

Thanks for the replies. So, it's not just me. I am going to wait until Lyngsat decides to correct their list.

Remember that Lyngsat is a free site / service, that is on the other side of the world.
Be glad to have them, even if they are not up to date on every TP

Osokona,

Yes, I can detect this channel:

CALL: 2STV
SAT: 97W
TP: 12.122 H
SR: 20.000
VPID: 0895
APID: 0896
PPID: 0895
CAS: IRDETO

This is therefore an encrypted channel and you would need to pay for service to view it.

Here is a tip regarding Lyngsat. If the channel is listed as FREE or IN-THE-CLEAR on their list, it is not necessarily free. Sometimes you have to purchase the "parent" channel on that TP and then all the channels listed below it will come free as a "package" deal. In this case, I would say that you would need to subscibe to WALF TV. Then 2STV would be thrown into the package for free.

This is a bit of a deception in my opinion. If it is free, list it as free. If you need to pay for something else to get it, then it is not free and should not be displayed as such.

I don't think that it is Lyngsat's error. They just post what information is provided to them, so don't blame Lyngsat.

Radar

Last edited:
Here is a tip regarding Lyngsat. If the channel is listed as FREE or IN-THE-CLEAR on their list, it is not necessarily free. Sometimes you have to purchase the "parent" channel on that TP and then all the channels listed below it will come free as a "package" deal. In this case, I would say that you would need to subscibe to WALF TV. Then 2STV would be thrown into the package for free.

Huh?
When reading Lyngsat, if the channel is the only channel on that transponder and is free, then it wont have the "F" for free, rather it is light coded (that light yellow color)

If its a group of channels on a transponder, then the free channels have a "F" in front and the scrambled ones say what they are. Also the 1st one will say who the owner of the transponder is (if applicable).

If you can subscribe (as in the case with Globecast), most channels can be had for ala carte or a package. The free channels will show up regardless.

Also, as noted above, Lyngsat is based in Europe so its not always 100% accurate ;)

AcWxRadar,

Even if the channel is encrypted, I should at least be able to scan it. My problem is that it is not even showing whereas, walftv which is also encrypted is showing in the scan (of course with no video).

AcWxRadar,

Even if the channel is encrypted, I should at least be able to scan it. My problem is that it is not even showing whereas, walftv which is also encrypted is showing in the scan (of course with no video).

Osokona,

How strong are the other channels, like WALFTV, on that TP? Could 2S TV be just weak enough that you are not picking it up on your scans? Maybe you could fine tweak your dish and get the signal boosted. Just a thought.

Also, what scan methods have you tried to pull this channel in? On my Coolsat I have manual scan (basically a single TP scan) and PID scan (basically a single channel scan). Does your receiver have any scan modes such as this? Try them out if you haven't already. I sometimes find that these scan modes will pick up the weaker channels better.

Radar

Osokona,

Yes, I can detect this channel:

CALL: 2STV
SAT: 97W
TP: 12.122 H
SR: 20.000
VPID: 0895
APID: 0896
PPID: 0895
CAS: IRDETO

Radar

I guess all STB's are different, but, all 3 of mine show the channel with these PIDS as ABSCBN TEST 2. Another thing I noticed is that when I scan this TP with TSReader, this channel shows up on the left hand side, but, in the center where it shows the active PIDS and how much bandwidth they are using, this channels does not show up. Seems like they are sending info on where this channel should be, but, it's does not seem like it's actually in the stream. Even scrambled channels show up in the stream, they show as red, but, they are using bandwidth of the TP. This channel isn't there though it shows up in a scan.

How did you make it come up as 2STV on yours?

Last edited:
I guess all STB's are different, but, all 3 of mine show the channel with these PIDS as ABSCBN TEST 2. Another thing I noticed is that when I scan this TP with TSReader, this channel shows up on the left hand side, but, in the center where it shows the active PIDS and how much bandwidth they are using, this channels does not show up. Seems like they are sending info on where this channel should be, but, it's does not seem like it's actually in the stream. Even scrambled channels show up in the stream, they show as red, but, they are using bandwidth of the TP. This channel isn't there though it shows up in a scan.

How did you make it come up as 2STV on yours?

I don't know that I did anything unique. I am pretty certain that I just blind scanned this satellite with a Coolsat 5000. 97W is my true south satellite and it is pretty strong for me, but I cannot find any channel in my list with a name like ABSCBN. I never paid any attention to 2STV because it was showing scrambled.

If I get time, I will clear my channel list out and rescan this satellite and see what this channel scans in as now. I may have originally scanned this channel in back in 2005.

Radar

If I get time, I will clear my channel list out and rescan this satellite and see what this channel scans in as now. I may have originally scanned this channel in back in 2005.

usually when you rescan the channel names change. I've seen that happen on my 5000....sadly one of the channels I had was a feed that was up for games (FSSN) so when someone else used that same transponder and I would blind scan it in the name of the channel would change

I don't know that I did anything unique. I am pretty certain that I just blind scanned this satellite with a Coolsat 5000. 97W is my true south satellite and it is pretty strong for me, but I cannot find any channel in my list with a name like ABSCBN. I never paid any attention to 2STV because it was showing scrambled.

Radar
I am pretty sure that if you rescan you would not find this channel. I use to get it too, long time ago. It is not always scrambled, from time to time both 2STV and walftv have free days or even weeks, sometimes they have free special events.

I performed both single TP scan and single channel scan (in my case manually added the channel). Still don't show. I tried Blind scan also once, get lot more channels but no 2stv.

What I am doing now, is manually add this channel to every single TP on Galaxy 19. Very time consuming.

I am pretty sure that if you rescan you would not find this channel. I use to get it too, long time ago. It is not always scrambled, from time to time both 2STV and walftv have free days or even weeks, sometimes they have free special events.

I performed both single TP scan and single channel scan (in my case manually added the channel). Still don't show. I tried Blind scan also once, get lot more channels but no 2stv.

What I am doing now, is manually add this channel to every single TP on Galaxy 19. Very time consuming.

Osokona,

You are correct.

I deleted all my channels from 97W and re-scanned using BLIND SCAN and it did not scan 2S TV. It did scan in ABSCBN TEST 2, with precisely the same channel and ID data on TP 12.120 H S/R 20.000.

I do notice that this channel is not on the same TP as WALF TV according to my scan. WALF TV is on 12.059 H and ABSCBN TEST 2 is on 12.120 H. So it appears that WALF TV has moved and Lyngsat is incorrect regarding the TP that it has listed for that channel.

Both are still encrypted. I am assuming that you are monitoring these channels to catch them when they run a "weekend freebie" like they do on some other channels from time to time... A special free preview of the channel to intice people to subscribe.

Radar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)