Need Expressvu\SC landlord won't allow another dish install

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
I know this question may sound crazy but - I'm hoping there are other desperate people out there for Canadian programming.....

I currently rent a house that already has a DTV dish mounted and the landlord doesnt wan't anything else. Is there ANY possibility or work around to not mounting outside?

I'm familiar with the technology as it needs an unobstructed view at a certain azimuth,tilt and whathaveyou... I also THINK SC's satellites are lower in the sky compared to directv's so I couldnt add another LNB to my existing slimline, right?

Any ideas would be great! Thanks!!

I know this question may sound crazy but - I'm hoping there are other desperate people out there for Canadian programming.....

I currently rent a house that already has a DTV dish mounted and the landlord doesnt wan't anything else. Is there ANY possibility or work around to not mounting outside?

I'm familiar with the technology as it needs an unobstructed view at a certain azimuth,tilt and whathaveyou... I also THINK SC's satellites are lower in the sky compared to directv's so I couldnt add another LNB to my existing slimline, right?

Doesn't DTV? or Dish have Dish that can pick up 4 or 5 or 6 sats at the same time? If so maybe that might work.

Last edited:
you in the US or Canada?

if you are in the US, you can mount more than one dish per fcc otard as long as its your exclusive area. Maybe they dont want another dish on the roof

SC is at 107.3 & 111.1
Direct is at 101, 110, 119
EVu is at 91 & 82

so depending on where you live, SC may be higher in the sky than Direct

And SC uses KU Band which is lower powered than DirecTV DBS so no you cannot add a 2nd LNB on the Slimline. That dish is too small

you in the US or Canada?

if you are in the US, you can mount more than one dish per fcc otard as long as its your exclusive area. Maybe they dont want another dish on the roof
Ice,

Does OTARD apply here? It doesn't sound like he's up against an HOA - It sounds to me like he is renting a single family home from an individual landlord who doesn't want modifications done to his home.

If he doesn't want to mount the dish on the roof or house maybe he can work something out with the landlord..Maybe he can pole mount it..when you're dealing with a "rental house" then there is some grey area :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)