Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi Folks,
I have a question regarding LNBs for C-band.
Given the choice between a Chaparral feedhorn with 2 15 deg. LNBs, and a 13/18 voltage switch, and the B1SAT- Stack, which one do you feel would offer better performance?
I ask this because I have the Chaparral that came on my BUD.
The LNBs are a year or so old, but the former owner said they worked fine.

do you have both
if not go with cost if cost isn't an object then i can probably tell you that the two lnb's will be more stable than the stacked version. if not you can always upgrade to more stable lnb's wit hthe stacked version if something goes wrong then its toast.
the good thing about both is you can feed them to a multi switch and then to several receivers.
bad thing about the stacked is the receiver has to support it or you will have to know how to set it up for each. so its almost a draw.
i have several lnbf's here that are c band only and they are 16 years old 25k version and they post up signals close to what the new ones today post . so just because its older doesn't always mean it not as good :)

Hey Gabs. How goes it?
Yes I've got the B1SAT-STACK in operation now. The Chaparral is sitting on my bench waiting to be installed. I was just wondering if it would yield better signal quality. That's why I asked for your input....maybe save me a trip to the dish if the difference wasn't worth the effort.
I kind of thought the older Chaparral unit might be better because it has a waveguide and was made specifically for C-band. It also looks to me to be of higher quality. .
The B1 is not supported by my receiver, so I had to fudge the settings to make it work. It works fine that way however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)