Need help aligning dish

framer

Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
IL
hi guys,
i have a dish 1000.2 and i am having a hard time aligning my dish.(moved to new location)
i can only pick up the 110 and 119 satt. i cant get 129.
my switch says:
1 2 3 4
110 x 119 x
i guess i'm picking up the sattelites on the wrong lnb.
any guesses as to how much i need to move the dish, and in which direction? i dont have a meter.

thanks

119 should be on 1, 110 on 2 and 129 on 3. I think you need to swing the dish to the west several degrees. You are pointing too far east by maybe 9 degrees or so. You are picking up 110 on the center LNB instead of 119. Try foiling over the leftmost and rightmost LNBs and peak the center (119) LNB on the 119 satellite. Remove the foil and run a Check Switch test.

thanks for the quick response.
one question i have, what parametere should i have selected on the point dish screen when i am trying to re-align? and do the switch settings need to be cleared, so that the sattelites get picked up by the right lnb?

thanks for the quick response.
one question i have, what parametere should i have selected on the point dish screen when i am trying to re-align? and do the switch settings need to be cleared, so that the sattelites get picked up by the right lnb?

It never hurts to start with a clear switch matrix. Run the test with no cables connected. As for the transponder to select on 119, just select one that is a ConUS beam like Transponder 11 or 19.

alright, i did the switch test with no wires, to clear the settings.
i covered the outer lnb's with foil.
i can easily pick up 110 on the center lnb, and thats it.
why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts