need help blocking channels

mrswright

Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
afton
I am new to your site, I have a problem. We lost our LNBF in the summer by lightning. Got a new one. Then could not get all our channels back on our Fortech Star ll, got a technician and he set us up, it was still good anyway and yet not the same channels we liked such at TBN, Daystar, Smile of a Child,. but others we didn't care for. I scanned all channels many times to no avail. Got a new reciever today from Glorystar and it won't block channels I don't like . They say none of the ones they sell will do it. Its a DVR 1100C by geosat pro. I want to be able to block some channels not use their channel favs. Do you have any idea of any device that will be used in addtion to this to help me? What about running one through the other to use the settings on my Fortech for blocking? ( I am a woman don't know!!)
Any help offered would be great....does glorystar take back these receivers if we don't like them?
I just want to have my kids turn on tv and I approve of all stations. Thanks.

If you do not wish to use the Favorites list provided by Glorystar, simply treat the receiver like any other FTA receiver and activate in the Advanced Hobbyist mode rather than the Glorystar mode. This receiver is more advanced than any other receiver on the market as it can be used as any other FTA receiver (like your old Fortec Star) or in the Glorystar mode where the channels are automatically updated.

To set-up the DVR1100c in Advanced Hobbyist mode, follow the Instructions on Page 51 of the Owners Manual to Activate and Scan for all available channels on the satellite just like you did on the Fortec Star.

Follow the steps on pages 15 and 16 (specifically I-5. Delete) of the Owners Manuals to delete the unwanted channels.

I was excited about this possibility until I get to the step where the screen installation comes up and it only has Disabled Glorystar mode, and seems to be locked into that and will not let me go out of it to get to where I can scan in my own channels which I knew how to do with my fortech star. Am I stuck here or is there an answer for this mode they have set? thanks for your help!!

Perform a Factory Reset (Page 24, IV-5. Factory Default) then activate the receiver in the Advanced Hobbyist mode instead of the Glorystar mode (page 51).

Well I did get this problem solved and am now adjusting to this new receiver. Thanks for your help! Glorystar tech also said the same thing as the last reply.