Need Help Choosing A/v Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

merriemae

Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
I Have A Dvr 942 Receiver And A New Sansui Plasma Tv. The Lip Sync Is Off A Lot. Dish Replaced The Receiver But I Still Have The Problem. I'am Looking At A/v Receivers With Audio Delay. The One That I'am Looking At Has 160 Ms Delay. Do You Think This Will Be Enough Delay Or Should I Look For A Different Receiver? THANKS.

Right Now I'am Using Componot. I Was Using Hdmi But It Did'nt Seem To Make Any Difference. So I Could Use Either One. Thanks

Lip sync is an issue with HDMI right now with many manufacturers not just E*. The problem is that input devices are getting more complicated and they are trying to write their own source code. Hopefully this should clear up in the future.

So down to business. Which receivers are you looking at? The Denon 3806 is a very nice receiver at 1299. It has 1080p pass through through HDMI and audio sync delay. It does not however have a Firewire connector. Might not be important depending on how you want to connect in the future.

I am using a Yamaha AVR-5990, that I just got when I got my Sony XBR 60" HDTV. It works great, and you can find it at Best Buy for $1000, or lots cheaper online.
It has 2 HDMI ports. You should check it out.

Have you looked at the HK AVR 240? It has excellent sound, meets your requirements, has 80ms of lip synch and looks great in a HT setup. Plus you can get it for less than $350!

Since you don't want to use the receiver for video switching (I wouldn't recommend it anyway unless you're doing digital (HDMI) switching) you're really only looking for a good receiver which pushes out good, clean sound, with lip synch and supports most HT sound formats. Another bonus, everyone that comes over is absolutely stunned how cool it looks.

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE YAMAHA HTR 5860 IT HAS 168 MS DELAY. I DON'T KNOW IF THAt WOULD BE ENOUGH DELAY . ALSO SANSUI RETURNED MY PHONE CALL TODAY AND SAID TO UNPLUG THE TV FOR 1 HR. TO RESET IT. I DID AND IT DID HELP SOME.

On my Denon 3806 I can set up to 250ms delay. However, and correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression from reading the 622 threads that the audio is behind the video, in which case being able to set the audio delay won't help you. Don't have a 622 yet to double-check this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)