Need Help connecting dvr 10 to computer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluecurvey27

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I have a direct tv DVR10, wireless router, and a tivo compatable wireless usb adapter wich is what tivo says is necesary to network dvr to computer. DVR10 does not have a network set up menu and there website will not offer help on this subject, any help or if someone has already gone through this what did you do ?:what

The USB ports are powered up, but that's the limit.

You can't hack an R10 for network access without replacing the PROM.
I'd not try anything with an R10.

H

u went over my head there, how do i tell if the usb port is active, whats the PROM ? i just want more space to record stuff

bluecurvey27 said:
u went over my head there, how do i tell if the usb port is active, whats the PROM ? i just want more space to record stuff
You can't unless you switch with a larger drive.

A Tivo set top box is not exactly like a DirectTV Tivo. Features are different.

yeah.. just change the hard drive. i have almot a whole tera bite in my old rca tivo =)

maogdamian said:
yeah.. just change the hard drive. i have almot a whole tera bite in my old rca tivo =)

I'm trying to figure out which DVR to get. I also want to add another hard drive to it or upgrade the existing one. Should I get the DVR80 or the R10? Also where can I find out how to add the other hard drive or upgrade it?

Thanks

personnally i just put a all-in-wonder card in my pc and connected it to my tivo so i can record directly to my pc, edit, and burn shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)