Need help finding an installer for a Starchoice system in the NYC area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A local dish installer should be able to help you. It's just a matter of locking on to the correct coordiates.

I live in the Omaha, NE area. I just used a local dealer to install it and (I got the coordinates...to aim the dish on this site:

Satellite Look-Angle Calculator

--Check Star Choice Elliptical Dish
--Dual Satellite (20" Echostar dish, 60cm Star Choice dish or 75cm Star Choice dish) This box is automatically checked.
--Scoll down to the list of cities and pick NYC
--Hit the "Calculate" button

-------------------------------------------------------
Sat One: 105.0
Sat Two: 113.0

N Lat: 40.75
W Lat: 74

True Azimuth: 226.88
Elevation: 30.83
Skew Angle: 119.4

------------------------------------------------------------------

The instsaller will then check for signal strength and fine tune if needed.

Afterwards, call your broker to set up the account and start up the service.
You Star Choice manual will have other needed info for your set up.

Last edited:
I finally found someone two years later He came in and did it from Conn However I now need some additional work done to the Expressvu because of the new sat and he went belly up about a month after he saw me
I can not do the work because I am physically handicapped and frequently go into seizures Any suggestions?
Austin

Many thanks I was not aware of this site They have only one dish installer in the area but I may try a number of different zip codes and see what happens
I had at least 10 installers in to work on the Shaw system and none of them could do it At last I find a guy and he goes out of business a month later
A

Aust54 said:
Many thanks I was not aware of this site They have only one dish installer in the area but I may try a number of different zip codes and see what happens
I had at least 10 installers in to work on the Shaw system and none of them could do it At last I find a guy and he goes out of business a month later
A

Aust54, I have a guy who installed my bell a couple years back. I live in whitestone and can be of help to u. Pm for his information...

I now myself am going to have to get Starchoice or I guess now it's Shaw Direct. I can install their system myself here in Nevada but am not sure how to go about getting them to let me be a subscriber in the U.S.since I have not bought from them before. Do you think I would have any trouble getting service?Would anyone have any info on them for that?

I now myself am going to have to get Starchoice or I guess now it's Shaw Direct. I can install their system myself here in Nevada but am not sure how to go about getting them to let me be a subscriber in the U.S.since I have not bought from them before. Do you think I would have any trouble getting service?Would anyone have any info on them for that?

Expect a PM.

Chris
Thanks for the help I have sent a private message to you

Sleepybear

I had a Starchoice subscription for about 8 years before the dish broke My first company
was in Vancouver before it disappeared Suggest you contact KuSat for the equipement
They have been very helpful with my installer problem and probably help you with
the subscription too

Tomorrow when I have a chance I will post some of the horror stories with the installers I have
used I should turn it into a comedy routine

Austin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts