Need help finding larger sized dish, few other questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobiewahn

Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Hello, need a little help.
I had E* service about 2 years ago at my old house. When I sold that house I canceled my E* service. I moved a few times since then and have a house again. I have been thinking about getting E* service again. I ran into rain/snow fade a few times during heavy rain and snow at my old house, and it drove my wife nuts. So, I accepted the task of solving the rain/snow fade problem for my wife. So, doing some simple math, the obvious answer is a bigger dish. (Probably a close second is a good alignment, which looking back I think I did not have)

So, I was curious where I can buy a larger dish than the standard 20" E* dish. I was thinking in the 24-36" range (30" is sort of my goal), and dont want to break the bank doing this. I vaguely remember seeing a larger dish with a bracket where you could slide the LNBFs around on, aiming them at whatever you want. Cant seem to remember who sold or made them. Need a recommendation on what people here use or what is out there.

Also, I was curious what birds I should plan on picking up. 110, 119, and 61.5 (I want Sky Angel and the ability to do HDTV someday), so I would obviously need a second dish. Anything else of interest in the sky which I could point a LNBF at? Anything fun out there?
:D
Thanks!!!

Find a used PrimeStar dish and put the Dish Network lnb where the Primestar lnb is at. I believe there is a bigger version of the Dish 500 out as well for those in Alaska/Hawaii.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts