Need help from the DIRT team, want to upgrade my grandfather to HD

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hey guys!
We recently got my grandfather a 40 inch toshiba LCD and he has a 322 dual tuner.
The HDTV is in room #2 and the receiver is in room #1 connected to an sdtv

How much would it cost to have a technician come out and bring us a 222k and switch the connections from 1 room to the other? We are no longer under contract and he told me he called dish but they wanted $150 for the whole job.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys!
We recently got my grandfather a 40 inch toshiba LCD and he has a 322 dual tuner.
The HDTV is in room #2 and the receiver is in room #1 connected to an sdtv

How much would it cost to have a technician come out and bring us a 222k and switch the connections from 1 room to the other? We are no longer under contract and he told me he called dish but they wanted $150 for the whole job.

Thanks guys!

Send me a PM with his phone number or account number and I can get more details

since you are in Puerto Rico they may have to refer you to a local retailer

We can set up Dish'n It Ups in PR now :)

PM sent. Thanks Matt! Btw, to get the free HD for life he needs to sign up for auto pay using a credit card? He doesn't have a credit card but I'm willing to let him use mines if there's no other way.

Again, thanks Matt and Ice for the replies :)

PM sent. Thanks Matt! Btw, to get the free HD for life he needs to sign up for auto pay using a credit card? He doesn't have a credit card but I'm willing to let him use mines if there's no other way.

Again, thanks Matt and Ice for the replies :)

He would need to do autopay and paperless billing, or pay a one time $99 fee (this applies for all subs)

Perfect! then he will be a happy camper! Here in Puerto Rico we celebrate another holiday close to christmas called "Dia de los reyes" (jan 6th, more info here Los Reyes) and I plan to schedule the install for the 5th and surprise him :)

Must be new the whole PR thing cuz I tried like a month and a half ago and wad told to call a local retailer.

For my personal account at home I do everything via dish directly, they set up everything and the local tech calls me on the day of the appointment :) the $6 service plan rocks :)
plus on most cases most the retailers here don't know a damn and tell you to call dish for more info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)