Need help here in Canada!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

b16a

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Hi,
I live in Quebec city, Canada and i have a lot of difficulty to get good signal.

I have a vip 222k with a dish 500 dpplus lnb (110-119) and a 36 inch dish on 129 that return in the dpplus lnb than to my receiver....

-One of the 2 input of the receiver is use.
-I can't have ore that 50% of signal on the screen but 100% on my birdog.

Question:
-Do you think if i use a eastern arc 1000.4 dish it will works better?
or western?

-Do you think my receiver is buggy?
Thanks!

I think I read through the grammar correctly enough to say that you're pretty far north, and that EA probably won't be much better. Also, you're on you're own since Dish doesn't service or be expected to provide signal to Canada.

yeah the meter on the Dish receivers is goofy...

50 to 60 is good
anything above it is great

(It isnt like DIrectv or Bell that has a 100% max meter)

I think that DISH needs to redo their meter to show 90 or 100 once again and drop the 125 scale. I Don't see why they couldn't redo it to show a true 90 or 100 on both ARCs.

Hi,
I live in Quebec city, Canada and i have a lot of difficulty to get good signal.

I have a vip 222k with a dish 500 dpplus lnb (110-119) and a 36 inch dish on 129 that return in the dpplus lnb than to my receiver....

-One of the 2 input of the receiver is use.
-I can't have ore that 50% of signal on the screen but 100% on my birdog.

Question:
-Do you think if i use a eastern arc 1000.4 dish it will works better?
or western?

-Do you think my receiver is buggy?
Thanks!
I do think you would be better off w/ EA since you are N of Maine. I'm almost surprised that you can even hit 129.

I agree. You can probably just re-point your dish 500 to the main EA Birds which are 61.5 and 72.7. There's no way you are going to get 77 from Quebec but unless you subscribe to Latino channels, then you won't need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)