Need help hooking up a Positioner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
Hello Satellite Guys, my first thread and post!

I am a semi-newbie when it comes to C Band, I was dusting off some of my old equipment and wanna give it one more go so I was wondering if anyone could help me set up this Pentec MTI positioner. Where should I connect the red and white cables that come from the actuator and where should I connect the thicker white and green ones!

THANKS!

here are a couple of pics of my positioner

n4azqu.jpg

f35nux.jpg

I´m afraid something is wrong with the positioner because other than display "P5" it does nothing, not even turns off when I push the power button

The thickest wires "should" go to the motor. If it travels the opposite direction than you expect, switch #9 & #10

The thinner wires from the motor are for the motor's pulse sensor, should be #6 & #7 and possible #8 for ground.

Pop the cover off the motor take a look first, better yet, post a Pic of that too

I´m afraid something is wrong with the positioner because other than display "P5" it does nothing, not even turns off when I push the power button
I dunno about the Power Button, but all the Actuator Wires must be properly connected for it to work. If the sensor wires are not connected, the Positioner thinks the Arm is stuck and will stop trying to move.

Thanks for the help Lak, but I think the positioner is unusable, none of the buttons work, the only way to shut it off is to unplug it. I guess I'm gonna need another positioner

I'm assuming it's an Analog Only receiver.
Just an FYI, there is only a handfull of analog channels up there.
You should get a DVB Receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts