Need Help In Miami Want All My Hd On One Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hyrerok

Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
I recently got Dish Network but bought a 1000.2 dish with the triple LNB and installed it myself. I understand from reading that I can not get 129 which is needed to get the majority of the HD channels. The solution that Dish offers that invloves installing a second dish to get 61 is not possible for me. I live in a condo that points west. I was scrolling in the point dish menu and found that I am getting a good signal from 61 but at the bottom I get 119 echostar west wrong sat. Is there anything I can do to make this work. Also I do get HD channels now does anyone know how many I am missing due to this and if Dish ever plans on fixing the situation. Thank you for any input.

If you can't hit the 129, then there is nothing you can do to get all the HD on one dish. You would have to have another dish pointed at 61.5.

Right now you are probably only getting the HD off of the 110 sat. All the others are on 129.

I recently got Dish Network but bought a 1000.2 dish with the triple LNB and installed it myself. I understand from reading that I can not get 129 which is needed to get the majority of the HD channels. The solution that Dish offers that invloves installing a second dish to get 61 is not possible for me. I live in a condo that points west. I was scrolling in the point dish menu and found that I am getting a good signal from 61 but at the bottom I get 119 echostar west wrong sat. Is there anything I can do to make this work. Also I do get HD channels now does anyone know how many I am missing due to this and if Dish ever plans on fixing the situation. Thank you for any input.

Nothing in the near future. Dish for reasons that are not for me to judge (curse, but not judge) stuck their newer HD channels on the 129 sat, which sits so freaking low it makes the chances of having line of sight too it much lower.

Speculation is the new satellite (once SeaLaunch gets up and running again and gets it launched) will be some kind of super satellite and carry all the channels including all the HDs and sits at a higher elevation, thus eliminating at lot of the line of sight issues. Don't know how true any of this is thou.

I love the Dish 1000.2 and the DPP Triple LNB but I would gladly let it go if the rumors of this "super satellite" are true.

What direction is 129 from Lake Worth and what is the appx elevaton off the horizon?

I have a single round dish that appears (kind of faded) to have a square TV screen with 500 printed inside it. It has a duel element LNB that I believe says Dish Pro. What satellites would this be pointing at?

Will this work with a new 722 receiver? I also have a separate OTA antenna for West Palm Beach locals.
My service is currently cancelled so I probably can't check the setup menu to see where it is pointed.

Thanks

The 129 foot print doesn't cover south sunshine state.

Edit:

I don't know, according to angle finder it says

Azimuth 244
Elevation about 29 degrees

Though as far as I know foot print doesn't cover south florida like I originally said.

So if 129 footprint doesn't cover S FL, does that mean there are HD channels we can't get or is that why we have dual LNB's to point at the other 2 sats?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts