Need Help! Moving - Currently have 1 TV - want to upgrade to 4 TVs

vrbest

Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hi,

I currently live in apartment, have 1 TV connection with DVR. I have international channel also. I am moving into my own house, would like to make it as 4TV and HD/DVR at house. My wife has no SSN. Not sure if she can get it as new customer. I can also do 18 months contract, but would like to see what my options would be... Please help!!

When I move, Can I remove the dish and take it with me? My apt may charge me if I leave them back in apartment.

Thanks in advance!

S&S

Hi,

I currently live in apartment, have 1 TV connection with DVR. I have international channel also. I am moving into my own house, would like to make it as 4TV and HD/DVR at house. My wife has no SSN. Not sure if she can get it as new customer. I can also do 18 months contract, but would like to see what my options would be... Please help!!

When I move, Can I remove the dish and take it with me? My apt may charge me if I leave them back in apartment.

Thanks in advance!

S&S

You can definitely take the dish down and bring it with you. The installer may use your dish on the new location or install a new one him/her self. If you qualify for dishin it up, you could lease up to 3 add'l tuners. Do you have a 625/522 or a 501/508/510? If you have a 625/522 they could hook it up to 2 tvs, and another 322 via dishinitup to another 2 tvs. If you have a 500 series dvr you could get a 322 and a 311, or a 625 and a 510, depends if you want dvr or not. Post more info, we can help.:up

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I have 510 receiver currently. I recently purchased a LCD (HDTV). would like to use the HD option in Dish. I would want one DVR and rest just connected simple.

I do see I qualify for dish'n it up. Do we need to have SSN to get Dish?

Thanks again!

You can definitely take the dish down and bring it with you. The installer may use your dish on the new location or install a new one him/her self. If you qualify for dishin it up, you could lease up to 3 add'l tuners. Do you have a 625/522 or a 501/508/510? If you have a 625/522 they could hook it up to 2 tvs, and another 322 via dishinitup to another 2 tvs. If you have a 500 series dvr you could get a 322 and a 311, or a 625 and a 510, depends if you want dvr or not. Post more info, we can help.:up

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I have 510 receiver currently. I recently purchased a LCD (HDTV). would like to use the HD option in Dish. I would want one DVR and rest just connected simple.

I do see I qualify for dish'n it up. Do we need to have SSN to get Dish?

Thanks again!
You are already a customer so you don't need a SS#, for HD you will want a 211 or a 622 receiver the 622 is a DVR so with the 510 you would have 2 DVR fees each month. Call DISH for a price quote to do a DISH mover and a DIU.:)

Thanks Boba, I was trying to see if my wife will qualify for dish without SSN. Do I need to have 510 and 622? Or can I return 510 and have only 622 and 211?

Thanks for ur hearing and reply.

You are already a customer so you don't need a SS#, for HD you will want a 211 or a 622 receiver the 622 is a DVR so with the 510 you would have 2 DVR fees each month. Call DISH for a price quote to do a DISH mover and a DIU.:)

Thanks. I have it leased, so I think my best option will be to replace it..

Thanks for your help!

If you leased the 510 it would have to be returned. If you bought it you can sell it or add it to her account after you have shut yours off. And YES, your wife will need a SS # if you want bill in her name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts