Need help! New to FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NyQQin

Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Hi all,

I just replaced my broken Trimax fta receiver for a Neusat 6000 premium. I am trying to pick up Telstar 5, but its no where to be located on my receiver's satellite list. The list includes satellites such as amc, echostar, galaxy,etc, but Telstar is no where to be found. My old fta was able to detect this satellite.

My Neausat users manual doesnt point me into any direction on how to add or detect Telstar.

If anyone can point me in the direction on how to get going, it would be greatly appreciated!

Is it maybe under Intelsat America5? T5 has gone through a few names in the last year or so

Telstar 5 became
Intelsat Americas 5 which is now
Galaxy 25

Ok, I found Intelsat 5C and Intelsat 5-KU. I still can't detect any channels.

I know my satellite dish is setup for this, but I am having trouble determining the correct settings such as frequency, universal 1, 2, lnB1,2,3,4..etc

Please bare with me, what do I do next?

Use KU because thats for KU :)

Do you know what kind of LNB it is? Is there any numbers on it? Since the old receiver is broken obviously you cant power it on to see the settings.

If the LNB is "standard" turn LNB type to Standard and LNB Frequency to 10750. Rest should be set to off except for LNB Power.

If its a Universal, change the LNB Type to UNiversal1

Do you know what kind of LNB it is?

With satellite names changing as often as they do, its a wonder that the receivers don't simply list them by orbital slot (ex. 97w). There can be a -# for additional satellites in the same slot (example 91w-1 for Galaxy 11 and 91w-2 for Nimiq 1.)...

I guess its really not that important, but the frequent name changes often confuse people new to the hobby...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts