Need Help on 129

jdodson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
I have a dish 500, that get 119, and 110. My locals have changed to 129. Whats the best way to get all 3 satilites

thanks!!!

I had nothing but problems with 129 and the 1000.2 dish. They just switched me back to the "two dish" (Dual 500's) set up, that I had before, and 129 is great. The 1000.2 dish was under "designed/manufactured". It does a great job of grabbing two birds but the third is so so. As per several Senior Techs/Field Supers and from my experience at Hughes Aerospace. I had two dishes then told I had to have the 1000.2 when I got a 722. Nothing but problems since. Then I was told that not everybody was having success with this model of dish and were/are being moved back or to the two dish set up. They say there was not reason to have changed it. I had no issues with 129 prior to the 1000.2.

So a two dish set up is logically the best. Each bird will get it own LNB and more precision individual alignment.

Last edited:
I had nothing but problems with 129 and the 1000.2 dish. They just switched me back to the "two dish" (Dual 500's) set up, that I had before, and 129 is great. The 1000.2 dish was under "designed/manufactured". It does a great job of grabbing two birds but the third is so so. As per several Senior Techs/Field Supers and from my experience at Hughes Aerospace. I had two dishes then told I had to have the 1000.2 when I got a 722. Nothing but problems since. Then I was told that not everybody was having success with this model of dish and were/are being moved back or to the two dish set up. They say there was not reason to have changed it. I had no issues with 129 prior to the 1000.2.

So a two dish set up is logically the best. Each bird will get it own LNB and more precision individual alignment.

LMAO ok your "senior techs/field supers from your experience at Huges Aerospace" ok I get that poke at "I KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT" :D

But anyway, the 1000.2 is fine as long as its installed properly and gets signal just fine!! Sounds to me like you might have gotten a bent reflector or didn't have it installed properly.

Ohh and I'm a Installer, just a plain ole everyday installer. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)